Eric Loves Rey

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

Just now, DAARRRRR said:

Well I said minimum of 450, not committing anything over just yet

That's fair but I think 430-470M range feels right as of now. (Of course we know very little about the film as it is so that could change a whole lot)

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

That's fair but I think 430-470M range feels right as of now. (Of course we know very little about the film as it is so that could change a whole lot)

Thinking $380M-$425M range, however I think sub $400M is likely. However until a trailer, we won't have a good idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn, that movie really makes you bitter, huh?

Not really. Over time my B+ rating for AC has fell to a C+.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I doubt bringing Bloom and Knightley back beyond cameos would've helped either. It's just a tired series. The drop in numbers speaks for itself.

Yeah but when you don't know how many more will be made, they might as well have done it 

So two years in a row Depp has a Memorial Day release of a sequel to a billion dollar grosser of his that wasn't really well liked.  But let's be honest OST is a far better film than AIW ever was.

Just now, DAARRRRR said:

So two years in a row Depp has a Memorial Day release of a sequel to a billion dollar grosser of his that wasn't really well liked.  But let's be honest OST is a far better film than AIW ever was.

Gonna have to disagree there, man. Sorry.

Just now, DAARRRRR said:

Pirates 5 is no Alice 2. It can still reach 700m

or so worldwide which is three times the listed budget 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah but when you don't know how many more will be made, they might as well have done it 

Maybe Knightley didn't want to do it

8 minutes ago, DAARRRRR said:

Interesting how things can change 13 years ago if COTPB made these numbers it still would have been a success.

Well of course, it didn't cost like $400M to make :rofl:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt bringing Bloom and Knightley back beyond cameos would've helped either. It's just a tired series. The drop in numbers speaks for itself.

I think it would have helped. One of complaints I've heard from fans about OST is that the movie has Bloom/Knightley clones so WTF not just bring back the real deal? Ditto here. I know that some people didn't like them and were hyped for OST cause they didn't come back, but new young couple soured them. They thought POTC was done with young couples. hence new-found nostalgia for Will/Lizzie cause they were the best.

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gonna have to disagree there, man. Sorry.

Well... I disagree that it's far better, because both of them are turds taken by a sentient diarrhea. That being said, I do think OST is "better" than Alice, if that's saying something. Simply because Jack Sparrow, no matter how cartoonish he is, always makes things a little more entertaining than anything in Alice, including whatever Willy Wonka impersonator's impersonation Depp was going for as the Mad Hatter. Plus, OST, messy as it was, was only... forgettable bad. Alice made me angry.

Just now, MrPink said:

Maybe Knightley didn't want to do it

Pretty sure she said she was done with the series not long after the third came out. They're probably lucky she even cameoed in this one.

Bloom probably came back because...well, what else does he have going on these days?