Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

17 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I still don't get why you guys care so much about this. It's the same argument that comes up with every new DC film. Some people like them, some people hate them. They don't have the best WOM up until this point as seen with Batman V Superman. And a 64% score is just above average...that's not a good thing. Look at GOTG2 for example, these films should at least stay in the 70s or 80s.

Some people are willing to accept their flaws and others are not. It is what it is. I don't care what brand it is, if a movies good then it's good. 

But I strongly disagree that both scores were botched, especially if we are referring to the theatrical cut of Batman V Superman. Many people have posted solid reasonings for trashing them and god....hula hoop Cara...I mean Enchantress and her "brother"...so so bad.

I feel others tend to overreact.

Sure these films doesn't have the best scores but people are really kidding themselves if they actually think people aren't just loookg for a good time at the movies.

if it's entertaining then the film will be rewarded with a nice opening and decent legs if it's not then the opening might be good but the legs won't be.

I understand people have their problems and  criticisms and that's the right everyone has.

Days of the future past got good reviews it preformed well ,X:Aopc not so much . logan good boxoffice.

Xmen have done very well with all its  criticisms the only difference is The Dceu is a bigger power house.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

For who was in theaters today, Theater was empty or packed?

I just came back from my 2nd viewing of WW with 8 other family/friend members (Just 2D this time), the theatre was packed (North Dallas Suburb), although the two front row was empty which is typical - Also did notice the 3D was packed as well. My kids enjoyed it WW very much.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Of course I would be curious as well. And I think both SS and Deadpool would have done well in China and easily flown past $800M with Deadpool probably reaching $850M....maybe $875-880M and Suicide Squad getting to $825-8845M. But I think that's all they would have gotten. 

Again something we will never know :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Warner Bros HK just announced that WONDER WOMAN winning box office 10 millions HK dollars in 4 days!

A little good news in a confused/not good box office day in USA

:kitschjob:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Dude with China you never really know he'll Deadpool even has a shot.

China is a up in the air market,You really should have seen my eyes when I saw Warcraft 213mil total.

A total like that would have put SS at 950mil and Deadpool at 996mil.

Im not saying it would ,I'm saying I'm curious to see how high both films would have gone.

I doubt Deadpool and Suicide Squad would have done much more than $100 million in China. Most likely they would have performed similarly to Logan ($106 million) or Batman vs Superman ($96 million). Only the presence of the Avengers can push a CBM above $150 million these days in China. World of Warcraft had a very large and active player base in China, so it was no surprise that it earned what it did. Actually, the Warcraft film performed below expectations in the China forum as many were predicting over $300 million before release.

I have a hunch this will be similiar to IronMan1 with 94% RT Score, with good reviews and good legs... around 98M OW, 300M DOM, 600M WW. Although I was hoping for higher, but if it can get these types of number WB should be very very happy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I have a hunch this will be similiar to IronMan1 with 94% RT Score, with good reviews and good legs... around 98M OW, 300M DOM, 600M WW. Although I was hoping for higher, but if it can get these types of number WB should be very very happy.

87m

225m

550m