It Comes at Night: 14M

Captain Underpants: 13.5M

Pirates of the Caribbean: 11M

Guardians of the Galaxy: 5.3M

Baywatch: 4.3M

Megan Leavey: 3M

Everything Everything: 1.8M

Alien Covenant: 1.6M

Ouch. Do you really think it will be that bad? I thought tracking had it at around 40M, that's a big fall.

On a related note, my father is real hyped to see this movie apparently so I guess I'm going to watch it next weekend. I'm a bit indifferent to it myself.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Wonder Woman: 45M

The Mummy: 25M

It Comes at Night: 14M

Captain Underpants: 13.5M

Pirates of the Caribbean: 11M

Guardians of the Galaxy: 5.3M

Baywatch: 4.3M

Megan Leavey: 3M

Everything Everything: 1.8M

Alien Covenant: 1.6M

Believe in the Cruise Missile...

Spoiler

The Mummy's hopefully doing $40m.

Just now, Arlborn said:

Ouch. Do you really think it will be that bad? I thought tracking had it at around 40M, that's a big fall.

On a related note, my father is real hyped to see this movie apparently so I guess I'm going to watch it next weekend. I'm a bit indifferent to it myself.

Tracking had it at 40M, but presales are shit right now. The last AMC update had it at like 12% of Alien a week before release. 

Just now, Arlborn said:

The marketing hasn't really been persuasive and early word hasn't exactly been kind. Most signs are pointing to a dud in waiting.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Captain Underpants will be profitable but it seems Fox didn't put as much effort in it compared to Boss Baby or Trolls. It's the last DWA film until Universal releases HTTYD3 which I doubt will be a $200m grosser.

I'm curious about it's performance. Giving the power of Universal's marketing division, on one hand I can see Madagascar 3 numbers domestic, on the other hand KFP3 numbers can happen too.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Tracking had it at 40M, but presales are shit right now. The last AMC update had it at like 12% of Alien a week before release. 

It appeals to an older crowd though, doesn't it? My father keeps going on about Tom Cruise and Russel Crowe being in it.

We should get a bit more walk-ups rather than pre-sales then, no? Still, yeah, not a good sign at all. I don't see it doing anything less than 30M myself though but I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I'm curious about it's performance. Giving the power of Universal's marketing division, on one hand I can see Madagascar 3 numbers domestic, on the other hand KFP3 numbers can happen too.

It'll have been almost five years since the last film came out, it's not going to increase massively with a huge gap between films.

Just now, Jonwo said:

It'll have been almost five years since the last film came out, it's not going to increase massively with a huge gap between films.

Thinking that too. Also think WIR2 may be 2018's disappointing animated sequel (like KFP2, HTTYD2, TLBM). TLMS I don't know what to think for it.

Really curious about SMHC performance. I am wondering if it'll do $100M-$110M OW or $120M-$130M OW.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

HTTYD 2 was just like lego batman.

Coming of a highly praised film everyone was predicting big numbers. Film itself got glowing reviews and then.....

Both were ruined by a tv show and DTV films which made those films less unique to the GA.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I just saw I need Wonder Woman to gross over $102,470,008 this weekend for Survivor purposes. That could be real close.

I've already come to terms with the fact that I went WAY too high for Survivor terms :(

• Like 2

Massive OS OW for WW!

Well, taking off China, and applying an 2.8x multiple would bring at least $235m from these markets. China will bring at least $80m, so, $315m coming from this bunch. 

The next main countries:

France:

SS: $19m
BVS: $21m
WW: $14m (?)

Germany:

SS: $18.5m
BVS: $18.9m
WW: $13m (?)

Spain:

SS: $12.2m
BVS: $11.3m
WW: $7m (?)

Japan:

SS: $15m
BVS: $16m
WW: $12m (?) 

At least $15m from the rest of countries.

A total around $360m-$380m seems likely. 

With at least $240m coming from DOM, I can say that $600m is locked. 

• Like 1