Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

28 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Reviews are clearly hurting Wonder Woman, they're scaring away the fanbase. 

Maybe a part of the hardcore DCEU fanbase who developed a deep seated hatred of Rotten Tomatoes suffer from cognitive dissonance because God forbid if their opinion line up with those reviled critics, that kind of destroy their conspiracy theories. WW has to be a dud if critics loved it that much so they won't give them that pleasure to abide and admit they're right. It just can't be, that doesn't compute, critics are inherently wrong about everything DCEU so far.

:sparta:

(My head is burning from the hotness of this take).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

Even 50-60 might be too much.  As someone who's never disliked a Nolan film, I have absolutely zero interest in this movie and I can see another Interstellar situation where it doesn't even break 50.

If it can get anywhere close to Interstellar's opening that would be a huge win for Warner. I think the legs will be pretty good for it.

• Like 2

BvS is the only $100M+ opener ever to miss making double its opening. Expecting a direct sequel to it to do even better is...pushing it. Thankfully Wonder Woman has given them goodwill that they can ride on when many seemed to have written this universe off. But that's another movie for another time.

• Like 1

I've never read a bigger load of tosh than that but its to be expected from such posters. I don't even wanna get into the done to the death absolutely moronic deep and dark vs kiddie debates. 

What I dont understand is why do people feel the need to shit on some movies or franchises to prop their own up?

People can hype their favourite franchises, post about them as much as they like, jerk off to it for all I care. But why put down others for it? Are you so insecure? Are the franchises you like so weak that they cant stand on their own merits? Are they so bad that they can only look good in comparision to movies you shit on?

It is so perplexing. And this applies to all the fantards of all franchises. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

So WW opened to Winter Soldider type of numbers, which I think is in line with most of the predictions here?

Let's see if WW will pass it DOM. Yes it's got good reviews but this still is a comics adaptation right?

No, it's well under most predictions because people boarded the hype train and lost their minds.

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

Yeah, I'm with you. Should do gangbusters overseas, particularly the UK, but stateside I have my doubts.

I just don't know who they're selling this film to.  Young people probably watching these trailers thinking ... holy shit, this looks boring.  Is anything happening?  Oh and it's PG-13.

I don't know, yes UK I could see doing well given the history of the situation, but man.  WB is really testing Nolan's draw with this one.

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

I'm guessing WB are knowingly taking a bath on Dunkirk. It's an investment in a future relationship with Nolan as much as anything else. God knows they've had no idea how to market it.

Is there a way to market it? Maybe they could hype up the WWII aspect, but conveniently leave out that America wasn't involved?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Is there a way to market it? Maybe they could hype up the WWII aspect, but conveniently leave out that America wasn't involved?

Alternative Americans.

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

I doubt Nolan would ever make another CBM again. Why? What would be the creative challenge or driving interest for him?

Yeah, he doesn't strike me as someone who would return to the well unless he really had to because all other options had been exhausted.

• Like 1