kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

11 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The rebirth origin would make the most sense from a story perspective, especially since there's actually some great conflict there, especially with Wonder Woman being unable to prevent Minerva from turning into The Cheetah. 

I wouldn't be surprise if they changed aspects of the Rebirth origin, being bound to Urzkartaga could be altered to be Circe tricking her into being cursed and Diana cannot save her because she doesn't want to turned back.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

People always freak when a comedy actor is cast in a non-comedic role, weird

They gonna paint Wiig orange? The character is orange, right?

Wiig has done many serious roles, The Martian and Diary of a Teenage Girl comes to mind. It's no different to when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman 30 years ago

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprise if they changed aspects of the Rebirth origin, being bound to Urzkartaga could be altered to be Circe tricking her into being cursed and Diana cannot save her because she doesn't want to turned back.

Wonder Woman befriends her, and then she turns evil. That would make for a good character turn / villain motivation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

People always freak when a comedy actor is cast in a non-comedic role, weird

They gonna paint Wiig orange? The character is orange, right?

But are her boobs big enough? It's not faithful to the comics if they're below a C cup. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I think DC needs to doing this cinematic universe slightly different. What I mean is stop the crossover with other heroes and just do single super hero films and which ones really do well (Wonder Woman) continue with a part 2 etc... If Aquaman really takes off, well work on part 2 before something else that you're not comfortable with.

For some reason it feels like rushed crossovers, but Marvel has success with that.

3 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I think DC needs to doing this cinematic universe slightly different. What I mean is stop the crossover with other heroes and just do single super hero films and which ones really do well (Wonder Woman) continue with a part 2 etc... If Aquaman really takes off, well work on part 2 before something else that you're not comfortable with.

For some reason it feels like rushed crossovers, but Marvel has success with that.

Wonder Woman 1 was standalone apart from the bookends and likely Aquaman and Shazam will be. I think going forward it's going be loosely connected i.e set in the same world but their own thing

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wonder Woman 1 was standalone apart from the bookends and likely Aquaman and Shazam will be. I think going forward it's going be loosely connected i.e set in the same world but their own thing

That would be nice. Maybe have nods here and there as acknowledgments that, yes, there are other heroes out there, but make every movie stand on its own (at least until DCEU figures out how to construct solid narratives for team films).

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder what design they'll go for Cheetah? I quite like the Rebirth design but I'd be okay if they went for the more traditional look.

Has it even been confirmed if the Cheetah that they will use for the sequel is going to be Barbara Minerva? I personally find the original Cheetah, Priscilla Rich, much more interesting, and I LOVE the way that Alex Ross updated her costume in the Kingdom Come book...

https://www.pinterest.com/wwcomixster967/kingdom-come-~-cheetah/?lp=true

c500095c2eb633a978a38d427d5a1ebc--comic-

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Yup, I think that's the best route to go.

It is an odd choice but i trust Jenkins so i like it...

Also let's not forget that Wiog has given some very good,if not great,dramatic turns before and that Jenkins is also an actors director (i think that's the term) and she can pull off a great performance from her actors.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel