kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

I'm thinking Doctor Psycho

Max Lord makes sense as Warner Bros. had him in the 'developed cache' already; he was set to be the 'big bad' in George Miller's Justice League, and of course has a famous/infamous moment with Wonder Woman that could be an interesting dramatic point to play, here.

But this guy Psycho I suppose makes sense, as well.  Never heard of him before, but just looked him up.  If they explain away Pine's presence as an illusion...that will be a pretty bitter pill for the audience, but I would appreciate it, as it would keep the finality/consequence of his original death intact. 

17 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Max Lord makes sense as Warner Bros. had him in the 'developed cache' already; he was set to be the 'big bad' in George Miller's Justice League, and of course has a famous/infamous moment with Wonder Woman that could be an interesting dramatic point to play, here.

But this guy Psycho I suppose makes sense, as well.  Never heard of him before, but just looked him up.  If they explain away Pine's presence as an illusion...that will be a pretty bitter pill for the audience, but I would appreciate it, as it would keep the finality/consequence of his original death intact. 

Duke of Deception is another option.  He could make Wonder Woman see an illusion and was a servant of Ares in the comics. Leaning more towards Doctor Psycho based on the fact that he hates women and equality as well so that's something Patty might want to tackle.

Maxwell Lord isn't a Wonder Woman villain. They had a moment in the comics but I seriously doubt they'll even get close to that considering what the last neck snap did.

Edited by Heat Vision

6 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Duke of Deception is another option.  He could make Wonder Woman see an illusion and was a servant of Ares in the comics. Leaning more towards Doctor Psycho based on the fact that he hates women and equality as well so that's something Patty might want to tackle.

Maxwell Lord isn't a Wonder Woman villain. They had a moment in the comics but I seriously doubt they'll even get close to that considering what the last neck snap did.

My thought was also that Jenkins/Warners could be setting up Max Lord as a de facto Lex Luthor replacement for now...until Warners/DC figure out what the hell they're doing with that character in the future. (Ever notice how, even though there's loads of DC-related buzz for other projects, there's been absolutely no buzz whatsoever about that character/actor since his last appearance?  They know they need a rethink.)  It's nice to be authentic in terms of "corresponding" villains, but it's no problem to switch things up, either...whatever works best for the story. 

But good reminder about the neck snap issue.    😉

This dude Doctor Psycho makes more and more sense.

Edited by Macleod

I didnt think Wonder Woman was a particulary good movie, especially compared to Man of Steel and BvS, which I thought were incredible. Though I have to say the 80s is a very interesting setting for something like this, so Im curious to see what they do with it.