Fanboy

Deathly Hallows 2 vs Revenge of the Sith

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the better finale?

• DH2
    • ROTS

I'm not going to attack RoTS because I like it a lot, but it's a film where you just have to look past the acting in order to enjoy yourself because it's so atrocious.Nothing in RoTS beats that scene, Jessie. You secretly know it.

I'm not going to attack RoTS because I like it a lot, but it's a film where you just have to look past the acting in order to enjoy yourself because it's so atrocious.Nothing in RoTS beats that scene, Jessie. You secretly know it.

I don't know, that scene where obi-wan cut Anakins legs off was pretty damn cool. On a serious note, the scene where all the jedi's get betrayed blew that potter scene out the water.
  • Like 1

Deathly Hallows 2 had better acting and dialogue, but I think ROTS was superior in every other respect. It also feels like a complete movie. You can understand Anakin's journey and see the friendship between him and Obi-Wan even if you haven't watched TPM or AOTC. DH II doesn't make a lick of sense if you haven't at least watched the first part (and most of the other Potters).

• Like 1

Your right, ROTS has terrible acting, but let's not act like The acting in Harry potter was much better (snake and voldermort aside)

I wasn't sad at all. We're supposed to just buy in RotS that they're 'brothers' despite their relationship in AotC. Poor and lazy writing from Lucas, yet again.

That's because, unfortunately, you didnt get to see their relationship between AOTC and ROTS. That wasn't covered more closely until he started doing the Clone Wars animated show. However, it's clear that they're much closer to each other in the first part of ROTS before Anakin starts turning. The only parts of ROTS that I disliked was the early scene on Padme's balcony, a couple of the small scenes between Anakin and Palpatine(but not the opera scene. That was cool) and that's about it. Everything else pretty good to great, IMO of coarse. I really enjoyed DH2. It's my second favorite HP movie. The only thing I didn't really like was the way the deaths of Tonks, Lupin and Fred were handled. That was bad.

That's because, unfortunately, you didnt get to see their relationship between AOTC and ROTS. That wasn't covered more closely until he started doing the Clone Wars animated show. However, it's clear that they're much closer to each other in the first part of ROTS before Anakin starts turning.

Indeed it is clear. What isn't clear is why, and consequently their 'relationship' doesn't feel genuine and the drama between the two is like out of a bad soap opera. They loathed each other in AotC, then they're 'brothers' at the start of RotS and we don't see why. It's piss poor writing and a lame attempt to build some sort of drama between the two at the end. Edited by ddddeeee

"(but not the opera scene. That was cool)"that was likley one of the best scenes in the prequels

Yep. And that's the general problem I noticed with the prequels. They're a mixed bag of really bad scenes and really good scenes. There's no middle ground.

They loathed each other in AotC

Oh now this I gotta see your evidence for.It's one thing to say that their relationship wasn't developed well, but another to say they hated one another when there is nothing that supports that. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1