YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

5 minutes ago, James said:

Just finished watching Life. Decent flick, if totally predictable. Well acted and some nice shots, but it's like they didn't even try.

Really enjoyed Life.

Rebecca Ferguson is brilliant yet again.

She should be in all movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jj99 said:

Really enjoyed Life.

Rebecca Ferguson is brilliant yet again.

She should be in all movies.

You mean the boobies right. She has couple of brilliant pair of those.

• Like 2

I want to go back to something that was said earlier in this thread about how all these DCEU movies should be making more than American Sniper. I don't think so.  That's wildly inaccurate for the times we live in. I live on the coast and I can say that I did not see much "American Sniper fever" around me but middle America is an entirely different story.  American Sniper, that dude basically is their "Batman" in their eyes. I don't want to get too political,  I didn't like American Sniper at all but I can see why it was so huge.  

29 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I am literally in tears after reading that.

This is why representation is so important...so so important.

If you are a white male and have ever asked "what is the big deal?", remember that almost every aspect of entertainment has always catered to you, almost 24/7. 

This is why I am absolutely convinced that Black Panther will also be a major breakout. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frozen said:

I don't understand their need to attack two of the biggest female led Disney films, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast. 

Burst into that school and yell at those kids "I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU FUCKING DC FANBOYS ALWAYS GIVING DISNEY SHIT"

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

I don't understand their need to attack two of the biggest female led Disney films, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast. 

They're little kids, it's not like logic and reason play a big part of their decisions. WW is the new cool thing, and she's different: she's a superhero. 

• Like 3

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Burst into that school and yell at those kids "I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU FUCKING DC FANBOYS ALWAYS GIVING DISNEY SHIT"

Then the teacher will exclaim "Sunshine, light, and joy, kids!"

5 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

This just goes on to proove that there is a huge audience out there foe DC films that can make them one of the biggest phenomenoms of our time as long as they keep delivering in terms of quality.

WW is showing that, Batman v Superman's OD was enormous,  Suicide Squad's OW was gigantic. If they can continue making films that are less divisive the sky is the limit.  

4 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Doesn't matter that they're made by the same studio, WW making more money than BvS is hilarious because theres never been a WW movie before and a lot of Superman/Batman films.

Not as funny as Mr. Pool making more than BvS or its sequel making 400m+ next year though.

Eh yeaaah but that was neither Superman or Batman at their peak so it is what it is. Batman has just come off a cultural phenomenon for a trilogy.   Wonder Woman is something that has never existed. It's her first film, she is iconic and they knocked it out of the park too, it's the first time a comic book film has had a female lead AND been a great movie. 

The comparison with BvS doesn't really work and that movie was also successful and made WB a lot of money.  People seem to think WB is upset by the success of WW...  I don't get that, why would they be.