YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I saw it yesterday and it's as bad as they say it is. I would've gladly taken a fourth movie instead of this even though Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was horrible.

I watched it and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't good or average either. Can't remember the last time I just felt nothing for a movie. The direction robs the movie of all tension and every scene is in a s hurry to end so we can get to the next scene.

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

If neither Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 nor The Hunger Games: Catching Fire did it, there's no way that WW2 does it.

C'mon darling you gotta have faith.

tumblr_inline_o92dlbdDE01reygjb_500.gif

• Like 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming will easily make 300+mil. I don't think it's hitting 400mil or anything but I see 350mil. Tony Stark and it probably being the first good Spidey movie since Spider-Man 2 will get it to those kinds of numbers.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming will easily make 300+mil. I don't think it's hitting 400mil or anything but I see 350mil. Tony Stark and it probably being the first good Spidey movie since Spider-Man 2 will get it to those kinds of numbers.

Stark is so played out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Amazing Spider-Man was good imo...

• Like 2

Can Wonder Woman have a better multiplier than ...

Rogue One? ($354M) :WHATanabe:

TFA? ($390M) :ohmyzod: 

edit: They're holiday movies! Jesus christ :bouncy:

Edited by Daxtreme

30 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Adding Hulk and fun vibe should allow Thor to add a nice chunk DOM. Especially if it's well liked which neither of the first two were. I don't see much more thank $250M DOM though.

Hulk will add something, but I don't think it's going to be much. He's not really a draw. Both the Ang Lee Hulk and the MCU Hulk pulled in ~$130mil DOM and there's a lot of audience overlap with Thor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Families are ruling this year with BATB, GOTG2 and WW fantastic drops and y'all are doubting Spidey

I am thinking Black Panther may have good family appeal as well.

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Stark is so played out.

Yeah. I don't doubt that for some he's played out. Using him a more of father-figure role is different than we've seen of him as Stark. And, even if he's played out, it can't be denied that Iron Man 3 did $410M, Ultron did $460M and Civil War did $410M. He's front and center in all three. Now, not saying Spidey's doing those numbers. But, even a played out Stark should boost Spidey to $300M+ DOM. I'm thinking more like $325M+ DOM. There's a reason boxoffice.com has the projection below for Spidey. It may not happen, but seems a very realistic one to me.

7/7/2017 Spider-Man: Homecoming $135,000,000   $325,000,000     Sony / Columbia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Stark is so played out.

Played out? If it's so...then how come 6 of the MCU-movies that had him, earn over $300M+...and only 4 of them, making over $400M+?

Well, simple: Critics liked the MCU-movies like the IM-trilogy, 2 of the Avengers-films & CA3.

There has not been a MCU-film with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark, that hasn't made over $300M+.

Even Iron Man 1 & Iron Man 2 made over $300M+ DOM....and they had just him.

Thinking $115M OW for Spider-Man seems fair. However $90M-$100M wouldn't surprise me. I can see DM3 TF5 and C3 being kind of soft. Empirecity says presales are good for this and marketing has been strong. Those NBA final spots is good marketing.