Finnick

Monday Numbers: WW: $6.27M | MUMMY CRUCIFIED: $2.59M

7 minutes ago, KathNiel said:

It's just okay!!! Let's give Monday to Curry and Durant, they deserve it. Go discount Tuesday, show us your powers!

Let it go Durant. He, more than any other Warrior, is why Golden State were able to defeat a relatively healthy Cavs squad this go 'round.

13 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Weren't some people expecting 8M for this today? 

Confirmed: third weekend 70 % drop. #WonderFlop   Cancel the DCEU. It's all lost.  :D 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 9

18 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Weren't some people expecting 8M for this today? 

I think 7.5...same drop as TMNT2 from last year.

27 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Much bigger fall than last Monday, guessing the Finals had a pretty big effect.

For films that have breakout OWs like WW did, first Mondays frequently have smaller than usual drops.

Tough to compare first Monday drops to other Monday drops for films like that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

He isn't comparing it, he just said that Wonder Woman has already surpassed the entire runs of those films. 

I see. It also get past Ratatouille, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and Wedding Crashers. As well as WB's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Sherlock Homes. More movies will be surpassed tomorrow. :sparta:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Nah.. It's heading to 265m after Fathers Day this weekend. Next weekend it'll pass Man Of Steel. 

I think he means that WW will have grossed more than MoS after 13 days. By second Wednesday, MoS was at $223m. WW DOM will probably be higher than that amount on Wednesday.

In fact, it is more probable that WW can outcome MoS today. If it is able to increase a 35% relative to $6.3m Monday, it will gross $8.5m today, so total after Tuesday will be $221.1m (206.3+6.3+8.5). MoS was at $219.8m. WW is outcoming MoS today...

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

I think he means that WW will have grossed more than MoS after 13 days. By second Wednesday, MoS was at $223m. WW DOM will probably be higher than that amount on Wednesday.

In fact, it is more probable that WW can outcome MoS today. If it is able to increase a 35% relative to $6.3m Monday, it will gross $8.5m today, so total after Tuesday will be $221.1m (206.3+6.3+8.5). MoS was at $219.8m. WW is outcoming MoS today...

Wonder Woman is already locked to pass Man of Steel. Suicide Squad is next up on the hit list. It should manage to pass SS (launch aligned) this Sunday, with Saturday being an outside chance. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, kitik said:

For films that have breakout OWs like WW did, first Mondays frequently have smaller than usual drops.

Tough to compare first Monday drops to other Monday drops for films like that.

True, every superhero blockbuster had this occur. TA1, TDK, SM1 TDKR and AoU so nothing alarming about it. 

I may be starting to get into useless stats territory, but for those who like useless and fun stats, here are the best 1st-Monday to 2nd-Monday drops for comic book films that opened to $30 million or more (didn’t check any further below that):

1. Batman (1989): +6.9% (Second Monday was Independence Day holiday)
  2. Batman Begins (2005): -39.5% (Opened on a Wednesday)
  3. Blade II (2002): -41.2%
  4. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012): -42.4% (Opened on a Tuesday)
  5. Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014): -44.3%
  6. Iron Man (2008): -44.5%
  7. Wonder Woman (2017): -46.4%
  8. Thor (2011): -47.1%
  9. Ant-Man (2015): -48.1%
  10. Batman Forever (1995): -49.3%

Peace,

Mike

• Like 14

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

8.5 (+35%)

5.7 (-33%)

5.5 (-3.5%)

Mon-Thu 26, Cume 232.34

37.7 (-35.5%) 3rd weekend will give it 270+ cume

This seems likely, though I don't think it's holding like that again on Thursday.

• Like 1

It was also a win for ABC and the NBA with ratings not seen for a Game 5 since Bill Clinton was in the White House. In the third NBA Finals battle in a row between the Warriors and the Cavs, last night’s primetime matchup snagged a 16.0 rating in metered market results. That’s the best that any NBA Finals Game 5 has done since 1998 when the Utah Jazz beat the Michael Jordon era Chicago Bulls 83-81 – for context, Phil Jackson’s Windy City team went on to win the series. In fact, in the early numbers, last night’s Warrior’s win is the highest rated non-Game 7 NBA game ever for ABC and sister station ESPN.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/kevin-durant-warriors-nba-finals-ratings-rise-cavaliers-abc-1202112377/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Confirmed: third weekend 70 % drop. #WonderFlop   Cancel the DCEU. It's all lost.  :D 

Replace it all with Lego. #DCEUisdeaded

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Wonder Woman is already locked to pass Man of Steel. Suicide Squad is next up on the hit list. It should manage to pass SS (launch aligned) this Sunday, with Saturday being an outside chance. 

Sure. It is just that talking about daily cumes, WW had been always behind MoS. Since today, WW is already in front. I think WW is making, at least, $350m ;) 

Applying a identical run than MoS from this point, asuming $8.5m Tuesday (+35% from Monday) and considering that MoS did $72m from second Tuesday, WW would already finish with $338m...

19 hours ago, grim22 said:

First Mondays drop lower and first Tuesday increases are lower. This Monday can drop 65-67% but the Tuesday increase will also be higher by 10-15%, which means that by Wednesday it will all even out.

I can see a Monday around 6.5M or so.

Monday right where I expected. The jump today will be much bigger than last week should get it to 8.5-8.8M.

• Like 2