YM!

Honey! Where is my supersuit? Incredibles 2 as Highest Grossing Movie of Summer 2018 Domestic

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Note: an untitled WAG movie has been moved to June 1st (likely imo DC Super Hero Girls), and could have some effect on TI2 imo.

I think that'll be more of a "You're locked in here with me" kinda deal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2017 at 11:51 AM, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I'm out, Incredibles 2 will do well but it's no Finding Dory, it'll have a tough time hitting 400m.  Han Solo is going to need to be terrible not to hit 400m.

from the director of INFERNO and IN THE HEART OF THE SEA

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

from the director of INFERNO and IN THE HEART OF THE SEA

Also from the director of Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, Rush, and Frost/Nixon.  He's also won two Oscars whereas the previous directors have been nominated for 0. :)

He's a talented director

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 11:29 PM, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Also from the director of Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, Rush, and Frost/Nixon.  He's also won two Oscars whereas the previous directors have been nominated for 0. :)

He's a talented director

Also the underrated Cinderella Man.

• Like 2

IN. I loved The Incredibles and want it to do well. Don't care much about a Han Solo prequel movie as I'm more interested in the newer SW characters. Though it seems SW movies do well with the nostalgia factor, I'll give the edge to The Incredibles. That's mostly because I want it to rather than believing it will because I'm not sure if children will like it. 

Ancedotal evidence, but I watched the movie again recently with my 5 y.o. brother and 14 y.o. sister. He was very uninterested/ignored most of the movie and she found it boring. It was very disappointing so I'm hoping most kids are not like my siblings! :D

I'm In.

Solo will have a higher OW, but it will be crazy front loaded (think BvS).  Incredibles will have a respectable OW, but way better legs (think Wonder Woman).

Unless Ron Howard can pull a miracle out of his toosh, I don't see how this won't be a trainwreck. Nothing about it sounds exciting (sans OMGZ STAR WARS), Donald Glover looked like he was being held hostage in that official cast photo they released, and Paul Bettany replacing Michael K. Williams won't sit well with certain members of the GA.

Incredibles has everything the OP said going for it.  I think it takes the round, for sure.