WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I will say that sitting through CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS and parts of TROLLS makes me appreciate Pixar and Disney more. :) 

I think Captain Underpants is better than all of Disney's 2016 output :redcapes: 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Blue Sky does their own animation although they're based in Connecticut rather than California. 

WAG has used Animal Logic, SPI and for Scooby Reel FX so while they do outsource, it's using very good animation companies. 

I've actually been to Blue Sky's studios (my sister works there after all), so I know that, and yeah WB does use some really good Foreign animation studios to make their animated films. They usually don't look super-cheap anyway. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

nothing as long as they come from the right place. Finding Dory and Toy Story 2 are great. Even Monster's University is very good

Toy Story 2 will always be the gold standard for an animated sequel. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PenguinHyphy said:

There is nothing solid about those Rough Night numbers. They are atrocious. It will probably open in the extremely low teens. There is going to be nothing that her representatives are going to be able to do with those numbers when it is time to close deals a the lead in the future. A guy who I used to work with works at Scarlett Johansson's agency now, and he was just telling me a few weeks ago how some people there are worried about Scarlett Johansson. Her political involvement, Ghost in the Shell and her not having any social media all are thought to have potentially deleterious affects on her career in the foreseeable future. It looks like those people are right. I know that it is going to be terrible over there on Monday. 

I think ScarJo is popular, but maybe people like her in certain kinds of roles.  Right or not, I think she does better in 'male' targeted movies than in female targeted movies, and Rough Nights appears female targeted.  I may be forgetting something in her filmography, though.

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I legitimately didn't even know what House was until a couple of weeks ago.

I still don't.  Several pages after this someone said it had Will Farrell in it.  That is my sum knowledge of it.  However, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

Speaking of The House I just seen a TV spot with Jeremy Renner. Is his role in the movie supposed to be a surprise cameo because he's nowhere on it's IMDB.  

I saw his name on Wikipedia a week or two and had no idea he was in it. 

'00s Pixar made masterpiece after masterpiece.

'10s Pixar is drowned in mediocrity, like every other animation studio currently.

the sharp decline in quality has to do with them giving giving opportunities to directors outside of the big 5.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Other than Cars 2 the only bad Pixar sequel is Toy Story 3

It could just be that Toy Story was literally my favorite movie growing up and 3 in my opinion lived up to the other two but Monsters University was nowhere near as good as either it or Finding Dory. Still miles above Cars 2 though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I've actually been to Blue Sky's studios (my sister works there after all), so I know that, and yeah WB does use some really good Foreign animation studios to make their animated films. They usually don't look super-cheap anyway. 

Animal Logic is probably the only company that would be considered foreign since they're based in Australia. The Lego Batman Movie looked fantastic and you wouldn't think it cost $80m. I'm looking forward to see what Reel FX does with Scooby as their work on the Looney Tunes CG shorts were really good.