WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

WW is a monster. 40M 3rd weekend is very, very likely now, and w/the Summer weekdays, over The Jungle Book is totally in the books. That, my friends, also makes over GOTG V2 a semi-serious possibility now, since this is a movie that will probably continue to play through all Summer long (remember, Jungle Book only beat Deadpool at the very end of its run, in August).

All Eyez dropped big time. No shocker there.

Okay'ish for 47 Meters and Pirates. Meh for the rest.

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Quite good for Cars 3. it increased minus previews. Good for Wondy and All Eyes dropped hard as expected.

Really? I mean, it did increase from non-preview OD, but when said OD was only 19.5M w/a preview number of just under 3M, I think there's more than enough to room to increase more than that. Not a bad number, but... ehh. Good Dinosaur notwithstanding, it's still gonna be the lowest OW for a Pixar movie since Ratatouille, which came out 10 years ago. Ouch. Again, not unwarranted given that it's Cars 3, but 50M is going to be a struggle at this point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Cars 3  +8.4%.....37.6 2-day......60M out.....Cars 1 dropped 10% Father's Day

Pirates 5......+41.7%......HUUUGE INCREASE considering double features...who knows with Sunday then.

Solid for Cars3. Crosses 51 even if Sun drop is 20%, but 52-54 is likely.

2.8 + 16.8 + 18.1 + 15.3 (-15.5%) = 53

POTC5 will cross 150 if it makes 8.4 over the weekend. Even a 15% Sun drop will give it 8.4:

2.3 + 3.3 + 2.8 (-15%) = 8.4 / 150 cume.

Normally 165 would happen at this point but who knows what impact TF5 will have.

I won't surprised if WW didn't get any kind of father day's bump, as we see from last few years, other than those male-centric type films, all drop in sunday like the way they did in normal weekend. 

Edited by titanic2187

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

I won't surprised if WW didn't get any kind of father day's bump, as we see from last few years, other than those male-centric type films, all drop in sunday like the way they did in normal weekend. 

Spy dropped 15%

Wonder Woman has been proving time and time again that it doesn't follow any Trends and it bucks the odds and it flips the middle finger to anybody who tries to have it follow any kind of pattern. I think it's going to be the movie to see on Father's Day. It's getting amazing reviews all across the board. I mean, what reason would fathers have for not wanting to see it? Because it's about a woman? I don't buy that for a second.

• Like 27

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wonder Woman has been proving time and time again that it doesn't follow any Trends and it bucks the odds and it flips the middle finger to anybody who tries to have it follow any kind of pattern. I think it's going to be the movie to see on Father's Day. It's getting amazing reviews all across the board. I mean, what reason would fathers have for not wine to see it? Because it's about a woman? I don't buy that for a second.

I expect this kind of thing to happen a lot today: 

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

WW is a monster. 40M 3rd weekend is very, very likely now, and w/the Summer weekdays, over The Jungle Book is totally in the books. That, my friends, also makes over GOTG V2 a semi-serious possibility now, since this is a movie that will probably continue to play through all Summer long (remember, Jungle Book only beat Deadpool at the very end of its run, in August).

All Eyez dropped big time. No shocker there.

Okay'ish for 47 Meters and Pirates. Meh for the rest.

Really? I mean, it did increase from non-preview OD, but when said OD was only 19.5M w/a preview number of just under 3M, I think there's more than enough to room to increase more than that. Not a bad number, but... ehh. Good Dinosaur notwithstanding, it's still gonna be the lowest OW for a Pixar movie since Ratatouille, which came out 10 years ago. Ouch. Again, not unwarranted given that it's Cars 3, but 50M is going to be a struggle at this point.

Considering Pixar flicks tend to drop on june 1st saturday I thought it was good. Overall its OW is as expected considering its another cars movie. Its going to drop from cars 2 ow and domestic(and OS).I hope its the last one. 

• Like 1

I'd say WW is the no.1 choice for dads to want to see on Father's Day. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise!? Not only that but it'll be the movie sons and daughters will want to take their dads to see too. It'll barely drop today in my opinion. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am thinking its going to stay flat. Its behaving like a juggernaut. So that will pull in new audience. 

You know I was thinking the same thing. That it really could stay flat. But at the same time even though I'm kind of going against what I just said in my previous post, I still think if it follows some sort of basic Father's Day pattern it has to drop at least a little bit.

the pressure is on Disney to keep locations for GOTG 2 to retain #1 of the summer.  Usually May Marvel kickoffs do not have 1000 theaters over Fourth of July.  Disney is going to have to spend to buck that trend.  Wonder Woman should get double features with Dunkirk and a Labor-Day expansion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, peludo said:

With a $40m 3rd weekend, WW is dropping a 61% relative to OW, better than the 69% that BvS dropped on its 2nd weekend...

Man, I just learned a new way to make fun of movies with terrible legs.:sparta:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 6