aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

http://deadline.com/2017/06/anna-kendrick-blake-lively-a-simple-favor-1202116435/

A Simple Favor, which was brought into Fox 2000 in a pre-emptive deal a year ago, is about a mommy blogger in a small town and her best friend who suddenly vanishes. The murder mystery is based on book by Darcey Bell that sold as part of a two-book deal from HarperCollins.

• Like 3

I see little reason why this wouldn't turn into a thriller comedy. W/Paul Feig and Anna Kendrick, and that premise does sound like it has comedic storage... yeah, I don't see this going full serious.

That being said, if it going full serious and I'm spouting nonsense, that's really cool. Gotta love directors and actors trying something new, baby.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I see little reason why this wouldn't turn into a thriller comedy. W/Paul Feig and Anna Kendrick, and that premise does sound like it has comedic storage... yeah, I don't see this going full serious.

That being said, if it going full serious and I'm spouting nonsense, that's really cool. Gotta love directors and actors trying something new, baby.

I actually think it would make it different and more interesting if they make it a thriller/comedy. There are so many murder mystery books becoming film adaptations that you have to wonder how each one will be different/standout from the other. Heck Lively is even starring and producing a different one as well so it's bound to start getting confusing lol So I feel like Feig may try to standout against the rest and give his film a comedic twist. 

And if not like you said nothing wrong with doing something different 

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Lionsgate places this in that Sept. 21st spot so they tore Robin Hood away from. Even if it is placed in Sept. 14th, they'll probably reevaluate... Alpha and The Predator seems like a double does of heavy competition.

53 minutes ago, slambros said:

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Lionsgate places this in that Sept. 21st spot so they tore Robin Hood away from. Even if it is placed in Sept. 14th, they'll probably reevaluate... Alpha and The Predator seems like a double does of heavy competition.

>Alpha

>Heavy competition

Pick one.

So apparently the trailer had a Gone Girl vibe to it according to those at Cinemacon. I thought this was gonna be a comedy lol BUT I think my interest has peaked a bit even more now cause I wanna see Paul Feig's take on a thriller :ph34r:

• Like 1

Hmm I'm actually interested to see what happens though. Like is she gonna post clues leading up the release of the film or what....

Also was this something asked by lions gate or did she just do it to get into character lol