aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

Watch America just disappoint me here, but I'm really starting to think this has a shot at out-grossing Predator.

Now, I'm not one of those who's all doom and gloom about Predator's prospects. But lets assume worst-case scenario for a second and say that it plays like Warcraft; a frontloaded fan-driven movie that opened in the mid-20's but had mixed WOM and fell off from there. 

This (referring to ASF now, not Predator) has a RT audience score of 91%, which take it for what you will, but indicates this could have some pretty good WOM. If pre-sales hint at anything, this could open close to, if not at 20M. Good WOM from there could really take this thing to 60, 70, or 80+.

Now realistically speaking, I still think Predator is headed for a 60-75M domestic total, while ASF is still more likely to have a 15/50 run than anything. But Thursday numbers are out in a few hours, and that could change things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Watch America just disappoint me here, but I'm really starting to think this has a shot at out-grossing Predator.

Now, I'm not one of those who's all doom and gloom about Predator's prospects. But lets assume worst-case scenario for a second and say that it plays like Warcraft; a frontloaded fan-driven movie that opened in the mid-20's but had mixed WOM and fell off from there. 

This (referring to ASF now, not Predator) has a RT audience score of 91%, which take it for what you will, but indicates this could have some pretty good WOM. If pre-sales hint at anything, this could open close to, if not at 20M. Good WOM from there could really take this thing to 60, 70, or 80+.

Now realistically speaking, I still think Predator is headed for a 60-75M domestic total, while ASF is still more likely to have a 15/50 run than anything. But Thursday numbers are out in a few hours, and that could change things. 

This is demolishing The Predator at my theater with more than double the sales for today. The Predator and White Boy Rick have sold the same number of seats too.

• Astonished 1

This was alright. I think same as something like Alpha, I expected something more than the trailers were letting on due to the reviews. But it's pretty much the same movie that the trailers promise, which isn't a bad thing.

The twists were cool, but nothing left me caring much beyond leaving the theatre. Performances are great and the movie is well shot. I'd give it a 6/10... maybe a 6.5, which is still a Fresh RT grade but I'm not going to think back on it a year from now. 

My sister really liked it though, and she's pretty picky with movies. 

• Like 1