aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Blake is not only a half a foot taller than Anna but has the nerve to wear heels twice as high.

Give a shortie a break will ya!

You should see how she behaves in the movie when it comes to her wardrobe (or in general :ph34r:)

:hahaha:

18 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The director previous 2 were comedy so it is not surprising to me, specially with the trailers. Ferrel got in best comedy actor for the Lobster.

The favorite is a 96% RT with a 92 MC score movie at the moment, with star powers, with a director that do really well with awards and festival stuff, it could be a strong opponent to face off

Is there any sign that it is a comedy ?

The Favorite is a shoe in imo for all the awards but I thought it was a drama and not a comedy? Or maybe it's like an ASF situation where it looks like a dram but is actually a comedy? 

And I thought A Star Is Born was more musical based? I don't know but if not its definitely a drama though I agree. 

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

And I thought A Star Is Born was more musical based? I don't know but if not its definitely a drama though I agree. 

Protagonist play song in the movies, but character does not sing line or advance the plot in musical numbers from what I understand, music here is like cooking if they were cook.

Musical film is a film genre in which songs sung by the characters are interwoven into the narrative, sometimes accompanied by dancing.

The songs usually advance the plot or develop the film's characters, but in some cases, they serve merely as breaks in the storyline, often as elaborate "production numbers."

Musical films characteristically contain elements reminiscent of theater; performers often treat their song and dance numbers as if a live audience were watching. In a sense, the viewer becomes the diegetic audience, as the performer looks directly into the camera and performs to it.

Putting a movie as a musical just because the character are musicians is a bit of a category fraud and something people do it, in good part because they were almost no musical made by Hollywood for a while, but now that they are popular again could look strange.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Protagonist play song in the movies, but character does not sing line or advance the plot in musical numbers, music here is like cooking if they were cook.

Musical film is a film genre in which songs sung by the characters are interwoven into the narrative, sometimes accompanied by dancing.

The songs usually advance the plot or develop the film's characters, but in some cases, they serve merely as breaks in the storyline, often as elaborate "production numbers."

Musical films characteristically contain elements reminiscent of theater; performers often treat their song and dance numbers as if a live audience were watching. In a sense, the viewer becomes the diegetic audience, as the performer looks directly into the camera and performs to it.

Putting a movie as a musical just because the character are musicians is a bit of a category fraud and something people did sometime because they were almost no musical made by Hollywood for a while.

I mean I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I am just saying based on how things have been handled before and how much of a cluster fuck the comedy/musical category is at the golden globes (i.e. movies that aren't comedies or musicals getting nominated in that category) I would have assumed that a movie like A Star Is Born would just get thrown into that category. But again I don't disagree with anything you have said here. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I mean I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I am just saying based on how things have been handled before and how much of a cluster fuck the comedy/musical category is at the golden globes (i.e. movies that aren't comedies or musicals getting nominated in that category)

Yeah I suspected your surprise reaction were a comment on the HFPA classment process more than the movies.

But they changed the rules post The Martian, now the HFPA if they disagree with a studio placement and want say put American Hustle in comedy while the studio had filled it has a drama they need 66% of the HFPA members to vote that it is a comedy to do so, instead of the previous 50%+1.

I think for a while they will simply always be ok with the studio pick, like for Get Out placement they were able to blame Blumhouse and Universal studio, they were the one submitted it has a comedy and they simply respected their choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

still in paris. why?

Dnn4uF4UUAA-Ddy.jpg

this weekend prediction?

i say $8,5m

I think there is another premiere scheduled/they have more promo events. 

Have you watched the film btw? lol 

6 minutes ago, 75Live said:

because they are waiting for me when I show up in Paris next week ;) 

Let me hop on a plane with you really quick. I could use a break from this school thing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Let me hop on a plane with you really quick. I could use a break from this school thing 

go for it.  Paris is the middle part of the trip so you can meet us there ;) 

• Astonished 1

44 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think there is another premiere scheduled/they have more promo events. 

Have you watched the film btw? lol 

No it doesnt come out here until sept 28. and i dont know if i wanna watch it dubbed :( i did watch the shallows but that had little dialogue lol

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

No it doesnt come out here until sept 28. and i dont know if i wanna watch it dubbed :( i did watch the shallows but that had little dialogue lol

Oh no :( Is the only way you get films via theaters in your area dubbed? I know some countries/cities have dubbed and non-dubbed so not sure how it works where you're at. 

But yea this film is not like The Shallows. Lots of dialogue in this one and some of the humor may not translate over if its dubbed lol 

26 minutes ago, Nova said:

Oh no :( Is the only way you get films via theaters in your area dubbed? I know some countries/cities have dubbed and non-dubbed so not sure how it works where you're at. 

But yea this film is not like The Shallows. Lots of dialogue in this one and some of the humor may not translate over if its dubbed lol 

Yeah thats why i dont go to the movies anymore, i'll wait til it leaks i guess

• Sad 1