aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

4 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

i barely saw amy schumer or melissa promoting i feel pretty or life of the party

Umm Amy Schumer did the talk show rounds as did Melissa McCarthy for those films :ph34r: And I don't even have to look that up because I am 100% sure they are contractually obligated to do press/promo for wide release films like that which include making the talk show rounds. Thats literally the most basic of marketing you can do for a film and for most actors its in their contracts. 

Edited by Nova

5 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

i barely saw amy schumer or melissa promoting i feel pretty or life of the party

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

nd I don't even have to look that up because I am 100% sure they are contractually obligated to do press/promo for wide release films like that which include making the talk show rounds 

McCarthy/Schumer being often producer on her stuff seem to have more room, she completely shunned the promo for the puppet one for example.

But I remember McCarthy even doing podcast for Life of the party.

Schumer did Colbert, Ellen

We tend to have a pretty custom to us media consumption in an extremely fragmented media world , it is "dangerous" to judge a movie promo by what we personally watch.

You are probably that the Internet presence for those didn,t came close to that one too, trying to find big platform junket stuff.

Maybe the release date matter for this ? Fall being a particularly good time to get on show like those versus spring/summer ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

I didnt say Amy and melissa didnt promote. Just saying Blake+Anna did 3x the promo those 2 did. Blake and Anna are also much bigger in social media so ASF will be more frontloaded than Life or Pretty

What does having a greater social media following have to do with box office legs? :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

I didnt say Amy and melissa didnt promote. Just saying Blake+Anna did 3x the promo those 2 did. Blake and Anna are also much bigger in social media so ASF will be more frontloaded than Life or Pretty

This is a wack line of thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TombRaider, Sis, what are you saying.

What you're probably getting at is the media coverage Blake and Anna received while doing promotion.

This is all free and completely out of their control.

its not their fault if the media wants to cover every outfit change they make while promoting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jj99 said:

TombRaider, Sis, what are you saying.

What you're probably getting at is the media coverage Blake and Anna received while doing promotion.

This is all free and completely out of their control.

its not their fault if the media wants to cover every outfit change they make while promoting.

kimmel

gma x3

seth meyers

ryan & kelly x2

stephen colbert

trevor noah

ellen

mtv vma's

whatever lol.

• Like 1

I have always maintained that Blake's biggest issue is that she has a stigma associated with her. People associate her with her role on gossip girl and well that show was a hot mess in terms of the writing. Her character was given nothing to work with and it definitely showed especially as the seasons went on. However, after seeing Age of Adaline and The Shallows, imo, she's actually a pretty good actress. 

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hey, what about the chick in your avatar?

Image result for anna kendrick angry gif

Blake and Margot Robbie are probably my favorite actresses within their age group but Jennifer Lawerence, Emma Stone and Anna Kendrick are three other actresses that I love as well. (Although I talk shit about Jlaw and how much she gets paid ALL THE TIME, I am a sucker for her movies sooooo :bagoverhead:

PS Anna Kendrick NEVER gets the respect she deserves :ph34r: Its why I am glad this movie is getting raves for the acting by Anna and Blake, two actresses who I feel get called "terrible" all the time. 

Welp I am seeing this in roughly an hour and will report back on it. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have always maintained that Blake's biggest issue is that she has a stigma associated with her. People associate her with her role on gossip girl and well that show was a hot mess in terms of the writing. Her character was given nothing to work with and it definitely showed especially as the seasons went on. However, after seeing Age of Adaline and The Shallows, imo, she's actually a pretty good actress. 

Blake and Margot Robbie are probably my favorite actresses within their age group but Jennifer Lawerence, Emma Stone and Anna Kendrick are three other actresses that I love as well. (Although I talk shit about Jlaw and how much she gets paid ALL THE TIME, I am a sucker for her movies sooooo :bagoverhead:

PS Anna Kendrick NEVER gets the respect she deserves :ph34r: Its why I am glad this movie is getting raves for the acting by Anna and Blake, two actresses who I feel get called "terrible" all the time. 

:bagoverhead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Hey, what about the chick in your avatar?

Image result for anna kendrick angry gif

anna is funny but somehow i see her playing herself in a lot of movies

54 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yeah, GG was trash and she got a bad rep because everyone thought she was bad and loves leighton meester etc etc. also, it seems like blake is too obsessed with fashion so that + ryan relationship goals!!111 kinda overshadows her acting career

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

what was her screen time, 35 minutes?

I would say more than that in total. I don't have the exact time but 

Spoiler

She had quite a bit of time in the beginning when her and Anna's characters become friends and stuff. Then when she goes missing, theres a good chunk where she's not in the movie (obviously) and to be honest she was missed, to me at least lol

There was something about her in this role that just lit up the screen. For me, the best moments were when she was in the film. Like I absolutely loved her in this role. I know she's had very few roles but this one is honestly my favorite. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1