John Marston

Monday Numbers (June 19) numbers.com: Cars 3 - 5.4m , Wonder Woman - 4.8m, The Mummy -1.6m

Math from Scott Mendelson

I'll have the official domestic numbers as soon as Warner Bros. provides them, but it looks like Wonder Woman earned around $3.5-$3.8m in its third Monday

after official numbers:

but it looks like Wonder Woman earned 4.8m in its third Monday, dropping just 23% from last Monday

timely fix, ladies and gentleman's :redcapes:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, druv10 said:

WW hit 2.7+ multi after Monday's, after the upcoming weekend, it's going join modern SH blockbuster with 3 multi. Phenomenal run so far and when it hits 364.8M, it'll pass leggiest SH ever and at 391M, it'll surpass SW7 for leggiest movie with the 100M OW.

???

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Is that about $10m USD?

How big is that, relative to other films?

That's enough to be in the top 10. BATB finished with a little more than 13 M. It's now the second biggest film ever.

WW is putting on the good fight and continuously closing the gap between her and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

After wknd 1 their difference was at ~43.26M

Wknd 2 ~ 42.12M

Wknd 3 : ~ 26.3M

And right now WW is running ahaead of Guardains 2 in  daily numbers . If we go a bit conservative for how this week will play out we get :

MON : 4.8M

TUE : 6,24M

WED : 4.3M

THURS : 4.1M

FRI :  7.1M

SAT : 9.9M

SUN : 7.4M

So we have  ~319M...which would bring the difference between WW and Guardians 2 after wknd 4 at  15M.And honestly,given the competition i can see WW preforming a bit better this week.Hell maybe even a total cume over SS is possible(but i doubt it happens this week).Really makes you think if WW can actually outgross Guardians 2.

• Like 3

WONDR was on 298m+ OS with a nearly 40m weekend.

DOM it was 275+ with a 41.3m weekend.

So if we expect it to add 100+ DOM, why shouldn't it add 100+ OS considering 10m+ from Spain and Japan combined are remaining?

I would be surprised if it does less than 400 OS. Needs 90 from current markets in rest of the run (after a ~40 weekend!) and 10+ from Spain and Japan.

Add to that 375+ Dom, 775 ww is looking very good.

800 should be the target right now.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

TF5 was the worst movie in transformer series based on RT, that surely help WW as the WW is now, the movie with the best RT score now in theater, making big contrast when people choose to watch which movie...... 

No one who sees it will care about TF's RT score. Actually, at this point, I'd take that score as a good sign if I was a fan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

TF5 was the worst movie in transformer series based on RT, that surely help WW as the WW is now, the movie with the best RT score now in theater, making big contrast when people choose to watch which movie...... 

On the positive side of TF5: We now know who's gonna be the all around winner of the 38th Golden Raspberry Awards

• Like 2

Tue bumps post FD weekend were muted last year. And this time there are TF5 previews to contend with.

So can WW do 6 on Tue?

Thinking it will fall a little short with a 20% bump for 5.75 Tue.

10 minutes ago, Chaz said:

We had to wait until like 3:30 pm for the Monday numbers. 

Yeah, at least 2-3 hours to go before Tue numbers. I hope TF5 previews get reported sooner though.

Edited by a2knet