John Marston

Monday Numbers (June 19) numbers.com: Cars 3 - 5.4m , Wonder Woman - 4.8m, The Mummy -1.6m

I see both sides to the conversation around Wonder Woman's Friday increase (<70% or 70+% increase). My instinct is to say that we continue to get deeper into June/the summer, more kids get off school, and so Wonder Woman is very likely to only increase 60-65% this coming Friday.

But this is also what my instinct told me last Friday (and I posted as such), and then Wonder Woman totally made me look wrong by increasing 80% compared to 71% the Friday prior! :lol: 

So... I'm once again hesitant to predict another 70+% increase on Friday, and I expect a softer Friday increase. But what the hell do I know! Heh.

I also wonder how Transformers 5 opening on Wednesday will impact the landscape of the week for the rest of the films compared to if it was a Friday opener. Or if it changes anything at all - I don't know.

Peace,

Mike

38 minutes ago, James said:

You are always always so pessimistic. Why?:lol:

Because he has 1000 riding in WW not hotting 400. 

• Like 6

Considering the week to week drop is only 23%, I would consider this a huge win for WW, even if the argument for more schools being out is taken into consideration, that is still a big number, and a phenomenal hold.

2 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Cars 3 has not been made for "box office numbers". Disney wouldn't even care if they don't break even with this movie and "loose" money from cinemas. It's only about the merchandising. 

Don't let Lasseter that. 

I hope TF5 won't shake WW's run too much

Few hours till that Megatron ultimate weapon RottenTomatron™ will get launched, that should do the trick!

Edited by Ohana
edit*
  • Like 1

Tuesday increases should be depressed and the Wednesday drops more severe but Friday could actually see good increases this week since the new opener is out of the way by opening tonight. I don't see Cars 3 cratering but it's not going to have a great hold in comparison to past Pixar flicks 

9 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I hope TF5 won't shake WW's run too much

Few hours till that Megatron ultimate weapon RottenTomatron will get launched, that should do the trick!

So far it seems the TF films have been pretty immune to bad reviews. I'm starting to think the robots in those films are powered by negative reviews.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grimfandango said:

So far it seems the TF films have been pretty immune to bad reviews. I'm starting to think the robots in those films are powered by negative reviews.

Might be, but it feels like RT power grown much bigger since that last TF movie.
Personally I grew up on the 80s G1 cartoon series, that's why I despise the TF movies.

WW hit 2.7+ multi after Monday's, after the upcoming weekend, it's going join modern SH blockbuster with 3 multi. Phenomenal run so far and when it hits 364.8M, it'll pass leggiest SH ever and at 391M, it'll surpass SW7 for leggiest movie with the 100M OW.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 5

I have an arbitrary parking lot report for you. It's Tuesday night and the parking lot at my local theater is jam packed including all of the parking spots in the very back. I have no idea if this is more because of Wonder Woman or Transformers opening or both.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have an arbitrary parking lot report for you. It's Tuesday night and the parking lot at my local theater is jam packed including all of the parking spots in the very back. I have no idea if this is more because of Wonder Woman or Transformers opening or both.

You dropped the ball, you should've gone inside the theater and do a polling to find out who is watching / going to watch WW today.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

You dropped the ball, you should've gone inside the theater and do a polling to find out who is watching / going to watch WW today.

Well I drive city bus for a living and the movie theater is right near the highway that I take to get back to the garage. So I didn't really have a chance to go in and ask them LOL

• Like 1