grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

41 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can we please get another successful hit at the box office? Even them, I'm still sure everyone would be cumming over WW:

Next week: Wow, look at Wonder Woman's 37% drop! Such an amazing run. So fucking good. Yes. DM3 also opened to 100M and Baby Driver to 30M.

July 7: Incredible, Wonder Woman dropped 55% against a 120M opener! Truly a great hold with such weak competition in the marketplace.

July 14: Holy shit, Wonder Woman dropped 65% with the combined wide releases over 80M! I love Gal Gadot!

July 21: INSANITY! Wonder Woman has dropped 10%! There totally wasn't a fudge here with another WB movie! A true testament to a great film by Patty Jenkins.

July 28: Wonder Woman continues proving she's the only female action character with a 25% drop. Just STUNNING!

wow i never knew someone could be so sexist jesus christ 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not bracing for it because it won't happen. There's very little chance it ends up over Minions. 

Imagine if WW does $17M next weekend and DM3 does a $115M OW. The meltdown would go supernova.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I mean I don't care what they do with Transformers, but a grimdark Transformers wouldn't work.  It'd be like asking for a Pokémon game that's about animal brutality or something.

But a guy that dresses up like a Bat and fights crazy people with gadgets is fine?

Or poop flinging apes becoming articulate rulers of the planet?

Alien robots fighting over natural resources might be the least ridiculous out of these.

Anyway, I don't think TF needs to be a dramatic tragedy.

Something like LOTR mixed with Avatar and The Matrix could work.

We're talking about a biomechanical alien culture and civilization.

The building blocks for decent sci fi is there.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not bracing for it because it won't happen. There's very little chance it ends up over Minions. 

The fact we've gone the whole year without a true animated blockbuster is reason enough alone for it to do huge numbers. It will act more as the DM2 sequel than the Minions one, and reviews are looking solid. As long as it opens anywhere above 95m, 350 should happen. 

32 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Be happy with the movies you enjoyed. They got made and you got to like them. You're on the cusp of breaking out into a whole new exciting part of your life -- let movies be the fun part, not an annoying part. 

movies are typically the fun part, @WrathOfHan, just remember one VERY important thing:

Movies do not exist before they are released. :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is absolutely going to be a feast or famine summer. GOTG 2, WW, DM3, and Homecoming all 350+, and everything else sub 200 with exception of maybe Dunkirk or Apes sneaking past that. 

You know I had a post in May when most of you were shocked I saw the summer lining up this way:)...

• Like 3

wrathofhan needs to stay of this forum. For someone so young he spends way too much time here. Its time to enjoy your life. These things dont matter. 

Back to numbers, Decent recovery for Transformers. We are seeing a pattern into summer where friday increases are bigger than norm. I guess more folks are either seeing movings on discount tuesday or weekend. 

Incredible for Wonder Woman but its almost becoming predictable. I am confident this juggernaut is taking down Spidey 1 and winning the summer. Not bad for Cars either. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I will. You better bring that support for Ninjago.

LEGO Batman was kinda disappointing - eh what I'm kidding I'll try to make the Thursday premiere for Ninjago if just to help its producers in this time of great sorrow