That One Girl

Bad Times at the El Royale | Jon Hamm’s next film | October 5, 2018 | Fox | Drew Goddard | Also has Chris Hemsworth, Jeff Bridges, Russell Crowe, Dakota Johnson

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I must admit I only saw the trailer because the trailer screenshot had a shirtless Chris Hemsworth and the trailer did not disappoint. Dancing shirtless hemsworth was worth it. :lol:

The movie itself looks intriguing although I have no clue what the actual plot is supposed to be. 

Six or seven strangers, all of whom have done something messed up in their lives, try to redeem themselves at a motel before things start going horribly wrong.

That's my really bad way of describing the plot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great.  Also looks like we've seen stuff like this before.  I'll be seeing it but I don't think it makes more than 30 million.  Doesn't really look like a crowd pleasing film.

On 8/28/2018 at 6:56 PM, filmlover said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is gonna flop but it looks fun. October has so much to look forward to this year.

Who knows, everyone loves a good mystery story, and this looks just like that. I feel if it's any good, audience might embrace it.

I have heard really good things about this. I'll definitely be watching out for it come October. Sucks that it's getting released in such a crowded month but hopefully it can be a a good counter act type of movie and attract a crowd to make some decent money at the BO. 

57 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Yeah, I'm surprised this isn't playing in the Midnight Madness section at TIFF. Maybe a last minute addition to Fantastic Fest?

I'm guessing Fox didn't want to play all of their cards since they already had The Predator, The Hate U Give, and Widows bowing at TIFF.