That One Girl

Bad Times at the El Royale | Jon Hamm’s next film | October 5, 2018 | Fox | Drew Goddard | Also has Chris Hemsworth, Jeff Bridges, Russell Crowe, Dakota Johnson

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I feel like it's a given that this, Venom, and A Star is Born will not open on the same weekend (like they are currently planned to). Will be interesting to see who ends up blinking.

I think it may be Venom. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like it's a given that this, Venom, and A Star is Born will not open on the same weekend (like they are currently planned to). Will be interesting to see who ends up blinking.

Venom clearly won't move, so between the other two, it'll depend how well social media buzz for this trailer is. A Star Is Born has been performing shockingly light on YT (only at 1.6M views after nearly 30 hours), and given how many times WB has moved the movie already, its date isn't invincible. The last weekend of October would be good for either film.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Venom clearly won't move, so between the other two, it'll depend how well social media buzz for this trailer is. A Star Is Born has been performing shockingly light on YT (only at 1.6M views after nearly 30 hours), and given how many times WB has moved the movie already, its date isn't invincible. The last weekend of October would be good for either film.

Yeah ok I came here just to say.... I do think this movie looks awesome, but October 5th is just way too packed now and I feel like this will be the casualty. I definitely think this should move out of the 3 that are going wide on the 5th. I think Bad Times at the El Royale should move up a week or two to like September 21st. I see Venom doing like 60-85 million OW, A Star Is Born doing like anywhere from $35-$60 million OW, and if this does come out the SAME WEEKEND I feel like it's absolute ceiling would be like $13 million. It looks great and I think it's gonna be really good but I hope it moves up or back a couple of weeks for its own sake, and for the sake of the other movies as well because I'm looking forward to both Venom and A Star Is Born

• Like 2

Now, that's what you call a tonal shift. LOL.  Damn fine trailer, gorgeous and great cast.  When we do the BOFFYs this year, we should totally include a category for best trailers.  There have been some great ones this year ( @Pandamia!  because I can't find Pasta's current username).

• Like 3

Awesome trailer, but I bet this will be another Cabin in the Woods: the internetz will sing its praises unitil the cows come home and make it look like the biggest thing since sliced bread, but audiences at large will not care. 

• Like 2