Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Better movie than any blockbuster this year

on of the better action flick of the last 20 years.

All is perfect its stars supporting cast is very good the music the acting from cage and travolta.

Maybe travolta best role and cage second after leaving las vegas.

Seriously they don't do dop film like this anymore  :/

The action at pick for me in the top 3 90's action flm with matrix and demolition man.

• Like 1

Baby Driver really picked up at my theatre tonight, but still didn't make up for how horrible Canada Day numbers were. Our equivalent of 18.5M opening weekend, 27.8 for the 5-day

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

I think it will battle out All Eyez on Me for 11th and 12th spot. @Rman823

Sounds about right. I thought the movie was decent enough. Way better than Baywatch and a little above Snatched. Really hope Girls Night breaks out and gets R rated comedies out of the bind they've been in this summer. 

Edited by Rman823

3 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

why dont we have a thread on home video releases and the #s they put up?

Because they're not readily and consistently available like box office numbers

Edited by tribefan695

3 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

We most likely won't get actuals until Wednesday since many people have Monday and Tuesday off work.

Really sucks, because I might win the Derby this week, and now I might get two fewer days to celebrate. :(

• Like 1

It will be fun to see Wonder Woman and GOTGv2 ending up very close together domestically. Both movies will get very close to 400M and there is a very realistic chance Wonder Woman overtakes it slightly.

Regarding worldwide, Wonder Woman will likely end up very close to the first Guardian's 773M intake, so another little battle going on there! Plus well-received blockbusters tend to increase in the foreign market with sequels so I'm thinking the second Wonder Woman will get very close to the second Guardians as well.

Funny how both these movies mirror each other so well in certain aspects.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It will be fun to see Wonder Woman and GOTGv2 ending up very close together domestically. Both movies will get very close to 400M and there is a very realistic chance Wonder Woman overtakes it slightly.

Regarding worldwide, Wonder Woman will likely end up very close to the first Guardian's 773M intake, so another little battle going on there! Plus well-received blockbusters tend to increase in the foreign market with sequels so I'm thinking the second Wonder Woman will get very close to the second Guardians as well.

Funny how both these movies mirror each other so well in certain aspects.

I can see Wonder Woman 2 increasing in many markets OS although it does depend when it's released.

29 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It is going to be very close. At day 31, Wonder Woman is behind with $9m, but is currently gaining. GOTG2 had late legs and WW will face Spider-man next weekend.

The winner might win the summer 2017 box office.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-despicable-me-3-no-1-75m-baby-driver-runs-house-road-1018414

Weekend Box Office: 'Despicable Me 3' No. 1 With $72M; 'Baby Driver' Runs 'The House' Off the Road

In an surprise twist, the threequel came in notably behind expectations for Universal and Illumination Entertainment. Heading into the weekend, most had expected it to rake in $85 million to $90 million. Sunday estimates showed the movie grossing $75.4 million, but the number was revised downwards on Monday morning when final weekend numbers were calculated.

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 3