WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

The film's backers are probably blessing their lucky stars that they have Ridley Scott at the helm. The man got Gladiator done after the death of a pivotal actor and somehow had the composure to keep directing The Counselor (albeit with a temporary shutdown of production) before going into the expensive Exodus after his brother's tragic suicide. And all of that in his late 70s (he turns 80 at the end of this month).

After passing him up for even a nomination for The Martian, the Academy has to get going on an honorary Oscar. Even though I think Soderbergh was more deserving of the Oscar in 2000 (and also that the race was crazy close once you throw Ang Lee into the mix), it's still hard to believe that he didn't win for directing Gladiator.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KC7 said:

New posters without Spacey have been released.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/17/all-the-money-in-the-world-new-posters/

That the dates at the bottom say "Coming Soon" lead me to believe that this most definitely is not opening on December 22 in wide release (especially when they haven't even begun reshooting the Spacey scenes yet - that begins Monday). Probably either it opens early in 2018 (where it can easily stand out as counterprogramming for adults) or it'll open in limited release to qualify for awards and go wide in January.

Damn, the ear poster is great :jeb!: 

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That the dates at the bottom say "Coming Soon" lead me to believe that this most definitely is not opening on December 22 in wide release (especially when they haven't even begun reshooting the Spacey scenes yet - that begins Monday). Probably either it opens early in 2018 (where it can easily stand out as counterprogramming for adults) or it'll open in limited release to qualify for awards and go wide in January.

December 29 is always possible

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, cheesypoofs said:

So Spacey is being replaced and this will still meet the December 2017 release date? That would honestly be impressive

A lot of the techs working on :All the Money in the World will be putting in LOTS of Overtime....

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn, the ear poster is great :jeb!: 

December 29 is always possible

29th opening means no Oscar elgibility. it is going to be a squaker for sure to get it qualified.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, slambros said:

A TV spot with the December 22nd date and footage of Christopher Plummer has been aired during The Voice tonight.

I have not found the TV spot on the internet but the information is still relevant to share on the thread nonetheless.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah, this is a big step up from Spacey. Plummer feels a lot more natural.

I agree with this. Plummer's J. Paul Getty, to me, feels more real because it feels like he's fought to keep his ideology even in old age. I definitely want to see this film more than I did before now that Plummer is in the role.

Good ad, though again, what is that accent Michelle Williams is doing? I'm not sure I could sit through 2 hours of that.

New character one-sheets, including one for Plummer

atm_online_1sht_chp_01_w1-01.jpg?w=669

Plus an interview with Ridley about the recast:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/29/ridley-scott-kevin-spacey-all-the-money-in-the-world-exclusive/

Did you ever consider pushing the release date to 2018?
No.

Why not?
Because I know I can deliver. [Laughs] I move like lightning. I’m already two scenes ahead. It’s simple! If you know what you’re doing, you don’t need 19 takes. You do one for the actor, one for me. It’s all planned out. When you storyboard, you’ve already pre-filmed the movie in your head — the wide shots, close shots, establishing shots. You’ve gotten some of your weird ideas when you’re quietly sitting, storyboarding by yourself. After a while you learn to trust and listen to your intuition. And I listen to mine. I trust it.

You finish shooting in Rome on Nov. 29. How are you going to get everything finished in time to screen for Academy voters and other awards groups — not to mention the release date?
They’re going to see it. I may have to do a couple of technical things to make it land completely technically, but it’s really already done.

What do you mean? 
I’ve done it. I’ve been shooting since Monday [Nov. 20] and in with the editor every night since then. We’re not dealing with celluloid anymore; it’s all digital, and I send [the footage each day] to [editor Claire Simpson] and she cuts it, and I can go in and look after shooting. Everything I’ve shot is already in [the final cut] up through yesterday morning.

Edited by KC7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KC7 said:

Good ad, though again, what is that accent Michelle Williams is doing? I'm not sure I could sit through 2 hours of that.

New character one-sheets, including one for Plummer

atm_online_1sht_chp_01_w1-01.jpg?w=669

Plus an interview with Ridley about the recast:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/29/ridley-scott-kevin-spacey-all-the-money-in-the-world-exclusive/

We can only hope to be as much of a badass when we're 80 as much as Ridley Scott is.