WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

35 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Wahlberg made 1500 times as much as Williams on the reshoots! I know Ridley is 80 and DGAF but they really should have warned him not to mention the cast pay part it...

Was really strange for him to point attention to it, I also think that was probably what motivated the leaker's to talk to the press about it, maybe they thought the rest of the cast knew before him talking about it.

37 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

How many cast members were involved in the reshoots? Plummer, Williams, Marky Mark are the big names but other characters shared screentime with Getty, Sr. and it wasn't all CGI/cutaways spliced in with the old footage.

I do not know, but he said after being ask even the crew ? by the interviewer that the crew was paid (not sure is there way around it on a studio distributed movie shoot in the US, probably all unions minimum are very strict)

• Like 1

Michelle W's agent didn't know what Mark's was up to.  It's Michelle agent's fault for not talking before the reshoot. how was mark or his agent  supposed to know that michelle would do it for free. agents don't talk between them about the salaries of their clients. 

Mark is not at fault here

Edited by Alli

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

Michelle W's agent didn't know what Mark's was up to.  It's Michelle agent's fault for not talking before the reshoot. how was mark or his agent  supposed to know that michelle would do it for free. agents don't talk between them about the salaries of their clients. 

Mark is not at fault here

Not sure about that in the sony leak there is a lot of talk about actor pay on movies that was not Sony movies and agents talking that they learned about other people deal on the same movie of their clients and wanting them to match the deal, it can happen specially when they work for the same agency like those 2.

Michelle agents are not necessarily working for her at all, but for an agency.

• Like 1

No need to get mad at Wahlberg yet we don't know the situation. 

Some contracts have extra reshoot money in them. Maybe the 1.5m was guaranteed if reshoots had to happen when he signed on (something that can be common in contracts). Maybe Mark had to leave another production or cancel some commercial shoot and they are reimbursing that.  Point is WE DONT KNOW! Lets not all gang up and call people dicks right away. Lets wait for more info. 

Also the CREW gets paid no matter what, that shit is union and below the line, and they work off day rates not salary. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am always stunned when people talk about celebrities as if they spent a vacation  together and were able to judge their character.

Yes, it really takes a huge leap to assume that someone who beat an Asian man into permanent blindness while shouting racial slurs and rejected Brokeback Mountain because it was "creepy and gay" might not be the nicest guy in Hollywood

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I’m trying to think if there’s a movie Mark Wahlberg stars in, besides this one, that I actually like.

I think The Fighter is the only movie I really like that has Mark Wahlberg in it. Pain & Gain was good, but that had The Rock and I thought The Departed was only okay.

• Like 1

Just now, Deja23 said:

I think The Fighter is the only movie I really like that has Mark Wahlberg in it. Pain & Gain was good, but that had The Rock and I thought The Departed was only okay.

Oh yeah he’s in the Departed and The Fighter, they’re both good movies.  I don’t care for Pain & Gain, but he’s been in much worse.

18 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I’m trying to think if there’s a movie Mark Wahlberg stars in, besides this one, that I actually like.

The Happening.

Hysterical "film".

Edited by Brainbug

Marky Mark is great in the Departed because it's the movie that really bests understands who he is as a person and performer. Boogie Nights is fantastic, and he's good in it, mostly because he's playing dumb and PTA is a god. He's funny in the first Ted mostly because he gets to be an idiot, which is the best kind of Wahlberg. And in Four Brothers, he gets to be an almost comically tough guy, the only other good thing he does. Whenever he plays a generic hero character like the Berg movies/Transformers/this/countless others, he's a bore. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Not sure about that in the sony leak there is a lot of talk about actor pay on movies that was not Sony movies and agents talking that they learned about other people deal on the same movie of their clients and wanting them to match the deal, it can happen specially when they work for the same agency like those 2.

Michelle agents are not necessarily working for her at all, but for an agency.

I think it was American Hustle, it was discovered that JLaw and Amy Adams had fewer back end points than the main male cast, even Jeremy Renner, so they negotiated for them to get more (though still less than the men). When the Sony leak happened JLaw was surprised and pissed to find out. 

• Like 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/01/11/exclusive-mark-wahlberg-refused-approve-christopher-plummer-unless-he-paid/1026347001/

Exclusive: Mark Wahlberg refused to approve Christopher Plummer unless he was paid

Mark Wahlberg refused to approve Christopher Plummer as a replacement for  Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World unless he was paid over a million dollars for the reshoot, USA TODAY has learned.

Wahlberg had co-star approval in his contract, two people familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly about it tell USA TODAY.

"What he said was, 'I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me.' And that's how he (expletive) them," says one person.

Another Hollywood insider says Wahlberg's lawyer formally vetoed the Oscar winner in a letter to financiers until his demand for additional payment was met.

A lawyer and a rep for Wahlberg did not immediately respond to a request for comment. His talent agency, William Morris Endeavor, which took part in negotiating the contract, had no comment. USA TODAY also reached out to reps for Plummer and Williams.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1