WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

Looks like the original prod budget was 40m and then increased 8-10m to around 50m. Movie had a 3.6m weekend for 20.15 cume. Should do 30m+ dom I guess. I think if Spacey allegations had not come up at all there was a chance it could have done 40m (what would have been the prod budget then) or more. Sony was gearing it towards a Spacey nom who was also flying high with House of Cards and had a certain pedigree at that point. Also some quality gets lost one would think when you have to suddenly alter your earlier vision.

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think if Spacey allegations had not come up at all there was a chance it could have done 40m

Irony is that if the movie would have been a 55-60m breakout we would probably be speculating that it was helped by the Spacey allegations and re-cast news publicity.....

• Like 2

I was reading an interview with Scott who said the Plummer re-shoots took a total of 9 days. He said it was a lot faster than he'd have preferred and wouldn't have been possible without the crew putting in a herculean effort. That's pretty amazing, given that Plummer is in probably 1/4 of the scenes.

They asked a follow-up question of, if its possible to shoot that fast, why do movies in general take so long to make? He said he it was a mystery to him, too.

Edited by Wrath

30 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Looks like the original prod budget was 40m and then increased 8-10m to around 50m. Movie had a 3.6m weekend for 20.15 cume. Should do 30m+ dom I guess. I think if Spacey allegations had not come up at all there was a chance it could have done 40m (what would have been the prod budget then) or more. Sony was gearing it towards a Spacey nom who was also flying high with House of Cards and had a certain pedigree at that point. Also some quality gets lost one would think when you have to suddenly alter your earlier vision.

Scott said they definitely "snuck some things in" during the reshoots. Nothing major, but among other things, they tweaked the chemistry slightly between Gail and Fletcher, leaning slightly harder towards a suggested potential romantic interest. There was a little less of that originally.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Scott said they definitely "snuck some things in" during the reshoots. Nothing major, but among other things, they tweaked the chemistry slightly between Gail and Fletcher, leaning slightly harder towards a suggested potential romantic interest. There was a little less of that originally.

When you see side by side comparison of both actors, of the few seconds that Spacey has in promos, it's evident that with Spacey they were going for a more larger than life portrayal of Getty while Plummer was more realistic. There's a small scene in one trailer where Spacey is walking after a conference and his foot steps get louder and louder. Also loved this still of Spacey looking into the fireplace with his face glowing - eerie and scaled up in drama. Glad he was fired but tough for the movie to maintain the quality imo, unless there's enough time to rethink (I say that as a layman with no behind the scenes experience).

la-et-entertainment-news-updates-afi-fes

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Wrath said:

Hmmm, didn't pick up on that at all.

More real life controversy, coming right up:

Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for reshooting his scenes in All the Money in the World, three people familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly about it tell USA TODAY, while Michelle Williams was paid an $80 per diem totaling less than $1,000.

That works out to Williams being paid less than 1% of her male co-star.

The wave of publicity that followed made All the Money in the World, distributed by Sony and financed by Imperative Entertainment, roll into the Sunday’s Golden Globes as a relative triumph.

But new information reveals ugly math behind the Hollywood victory. The reshoot cost $10 million (a fee put up by producing arm Imperative). In December, Scott told USA TODAY that the undertaking was aided by the fact that "everyone did it for nothing.”

The exchange went as follows:

RIDLEY SCOTT: “The whole reshoot was — in normal terms was expensive but not as expensive as you think. Because all of them, everyone did it for nothing.”

USA TODAY: “Really?”

SCOTT: “No, I wouldn’t get paid, I refused to get paid.”

USA TODAY: “You didn’t pay the actors more to do it?”

SCOTT: “No, they all came in free. Christopher had to get paid. But Michelle, no. Me, no. I wouldn’t do that to — ”

USA TODAY: “The crew, of course, did get paid?”

SCOTT: “Of course. "

USA TODAY has since learned Wahlberg's team actually negotiated a hefty fee, with the actor paid $1.5 million for his reshoots. Williams wasn't told.  

Wahlberg and Williams are both represented by the William Morris Endeavor agency.  Actors pay a team of agents, managers and lawyers an average of 10% of their salaries to advocate for them.

Representatives for Wahlberg, Williams, WME, Sony, Imperative Entertainment and Scott did not respond to USA TODAY's requests for comment.

:winomg:

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 3

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Marky Mark, Demony Damon, Butty Buttfleck all are such a huge turn off. Never wanna watch a movie with them again.

I still like Damon as an actor a lot despite some of what he’s said.  Dude has a shit ton of charisma.  I love watching him in any role

55 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I'm guessing I'm the only one who doesn't really have a problem with Wahlberg? He knew they needed him and used that leverage. That's on WME telling Williams, not Wahlberg.

I have no problem with an actor or agent negotiating for more if they have the clout but some articles state the major players Scott, Williams and Walberg agreed to do it for free but then Whalberg's agent did a behind the back end run and got $1.5m.   Scummy but then Markie Mark always has been.  That they share the same talent agency in this case means little since reportedly WME agents don't share info on clients with each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

I'm guessing I'm the only one who doesn't really have a problem with Wahlberg? He knew they needed him and used that leverage. That's on WME telling Williams, not Wahlberg.

The problem is that most of the people who did come back for the reshoots did for it for very little (and to see the film to completion), while Wahlberg did not. Not a good look on his end.

Just now, AndyK said:

That's if he actually knew what his agent was up to.

He had to sign the contract and he knew what he reportedly agreed to earlier.  Now maybe accounts are wrong and he never agreed to waive his salary and didn't care about doing the re-shoots, let alone for free but Scott has been giving interviews over the last month about the waved salaries for the re-shoot so you'd think he'd be somewhat clued in.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

The problem is that most of the people who did come back for the reshoots did for it for very little (and to see the film to completion), while Wahlberg did not. Not a good look on his end.

That, and it was pushed pretty heavily in the promo, the idea that everyone came back and worked for very little so that the reshoots could even happen. Maybe not a good move to mention the cast and crew working for free when there's such a glaring exception... Clearly many men involved in the film also worked for scale with the reshoots, but paying Marky Mark more than 100x more than Michelle Williams makes the "Gender Pay Gap Outrage!" headlines very easy to write.

And as someone who's seen the movie, she's so much better in it than him! Too bad they couldn't have recast Marky Mark too while they were at it.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Maybe not a good move to mention the cast and crew working for free when there's such a glaring exception...

The rumors started by the director was only above the line people, not the crew and except Plummer that had to get paid a little bit because he didn't made 500k or more from the regular shoot.

I understand the fact that it is easy to write that headline (especially when they share an agency), but I don't really see how it's scummy on Wahlberg's end. Maybe not a great look, but not giving the studio a break for something he had nothing to do with shouldn't demand outrage. I don't want to speak badly on those who came back to work for essentially free, that's their prerogative, but this is exactly why workers get screwed all the time when asked to do extra work for a company. I say good on him for getting his. Although I do understand that this is partly why some of the gender wage gap exists. It's been found that women are not nearly as likely to ask for a raise compared to men, in part due to fear of retribution, as well as normative factors.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

The rumors started by the director was only above the line people, not the crew and except Plummer that had to get paid a little bit because he didn't made 500k or more from the regular shoot.

How many cast members were involved in the reshoots? Plummer, Williams, Marky Mark are the big names but other characters shared screentime with Getty, Sr. and it wasn't all CGI/cutaways spliced in with the old footage.

Wahlberg made 1500 times as much as Williams on the reshoots! I know Ridley is 80 and DGAF but they really should have warned him not to mention the cast pay part of it... I'm really glad it's come to light, just thinking about the PR aspect of it all. Since they have the same agency, I wonder if hearing the story that they both worked for scale is the thing that was the tipping point for some lowly assistant/accountant there to leak the real story to the media.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1