WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

1 hour ago, KC7 said:

Good ad, though again, what is that accent Michelle Williams is doing? I'm not sure I could sit through 2 hours of that.

New character one-sheets, including one for Plummer

atm_online_1sht_chp_01_w1-01.jpg?w=669

Plus an interview with Ridley about the recast:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/29/ridley-scott-kevin-spacey-all-the-money-in-the-world-exclusive/

You cut out the best part:

What was the studio’s reaction to all this?
They were like, “You’ll never do it. God be with you.” [Laughs]

But they’re holding the date of Dec. 22 for you anyway. 
F—ing right.

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

If Ridley were around in the classic Hollywood studio system he'd be cranking out a half-dozen pictures a year with the best of them. 

He wouds give Michael Curtiz some competition is the "able to bring out two A quality film sin one year".

In 1938, Curtiz directed two films that have become classics: the Errol Flynn "Adventures of Robin Hood" and the classic Cagney/Bogart gangster film "Angels With Dirty Faces".

Speilberg is another director who can work at Golden age speed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

In 1938, Curtiz directed two films that have become classics: the Errol Flynn "Adventures of Robin Hood" and the classic Cagney/Bogart gangster film "Angels With Dirty Faces".

That Flynn movie had more than one director, I think lot of it was Keighley footage.

3 movie a year seem to have been the norm for heavy workload, 6 in the sound era, did even John Ford ever did that ?

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That Flynn movie had more than one director, I think lot of it was Keighley footage.

3 movie a year seem to have been the norm for heavy workload, 6 in the sound era, did even John Ford ever did that ?

Ford put out 4 in 1936. Two or three most other years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i was getting excited by all of ridley's fun switch up shenanigans that i almost forgot the actual movie looks quite bad.  

I was so excited seeing Plummer in this that I had no idea Walberg was in the movie.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

According to everything I have read, Warners was not happy with the Keighley footage,and brought in Curtiz to reshoot most of the film;the Directors Guild made the decision to give co director credit.

Almost all film historians  consider Robin Hood to be a Curtiz film,so I will   go along with that.

John Ford also managed to make  3 films that have stood the test to time in one year; in 1939 he did, "Stagecoach" "Young Mr.Lincoln" and "Drums Along the Mohawk".