WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

Yep, I had no interest in this before, but just watched the trailer for the first time, and it actually looks good (whatever weird accent Michelle Williams is doing, aside). Should be even better with Plummer, who's obviously a better fit for the role (though maybe not as good as Donald Sutherland, who's playing him in the miniseries coming out in January):

John-Paul-Getty.jpg

51 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I don't mean in terms of timing, but the reasons for the removal.  Nearly all instances of this happening previously that I can recall were simply because the filmmakers/studio thought that the performance didn't work.  That's the big difference here. 

But maybe the performance doesn't work anymore...

As I mentioned on a different thread, who can now watch early seasons of House of Cards and not see the actor as predator vs the character as one? 

So maybe the director himself couldn't see past Spacey now in the role he had...and if so, the performance suffers and it drags the whole movie down...so, replacing him is just like replacing anyone else that's been done before...

• Like 2

This is insane and completely unprecedented. Holy fucking shit.

And for anyone baffled as to why they're doing this, the movie would've been a completely lost cause that made zero money with Spacey because no one wants to see him in anything now (delaying the film wouldn't have fixed that). Now I just really hope the movie itself is worth it for Scott and Sony to go through all the trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UNDERDOG said:

Atleast I'll be able to focus on Plummer instead of weird old man makeup on Spacey.

Next time directors, just hire talented old men. You can avoid situations like this.

Plummer was apparently Ridley's first choice... but the studio wanted a "bigger name."  How's that for irony?

• Haha 1

Just now, Macleod said:

Plummer was apparently Ridley's first choice... but the studio wanted a "bigger name."  How's that for irony?

Ridley Scott is 79 years old, he does not have much time left. Just listen to him, he knows his shit, Sony!

Well, most of his shit.

...Maybe not so much recently, but still!

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Ridley Scott is 79 years old, he does not have much time left. Just listen to him, he knows his shit, Sony!

Well, most of his shit.

...Maybe not so much recently, but still!

I just heard about this "Fassbender kissing Fassbender" stuff from Covenant...is this true??  I haven't seen it, yet...

I also haven't seen The Counselor... guess I'm overdue for a "loopy movie" night for both...

• Like 1

Just now, Macleod said:

I just heard about this "Fassbender kissing Fassbender" stuff from Covenant...is this true??  I haven't seen it, yet...

I also haven't seen The Counselor... guess I'm overdue for a "loopy movie" night for both...

Yes, and it is GLORIOUS.

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Let's just say, one of the Fassbenders does the fingering.

Oh, and Cameron Diaz fucks a car in The Counselor.

• Haha 2