CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Thinking Deadline's first update will be "Targeting 40M Friday" and it will end close to 50. Let's see how close I can predict Deadline :P

With that I'm out till late afternoon for client purposes, hopefully we get good numbers and the summer of superheroes continues rolling along.

Did you write Deadline's afternoon update or did you write Deadline's afternoon update 

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

When my dumbass submitted my OD predictions, I thought Deadpool had made $37M OD so I was like hmm roughly $9M more is good for SMH. 

Yea well Deadpool did $47.5M OD which tells you all you need to know about my prediction skills 

:sadben:

You can make excuse that $37m is without preview.;)

5 hours ago, baumer said:

Since there has been an overwhelming response to the contest, I'll make it top two closest gets a gold account for a month.

@Biggestgeekever 53.8

@cannastop 49.63

@Brainbug 46.234

@Finnick 48.5

@franfar 45.0

@Mrglass2 58.0

75live:  129.3 (obviously thought it was for OW)

greyghost:  65.9

Dman7:  70.0

Nova:  45.6

twomisfits:  51.0

bladels:  51.3

The Stun:  104.7 (thought it was OW)

Rman823:  48.7

BKB:  145-150....not a qualifying prediction even if it was for OW

Keanu:  45.967

Dar:  46.8

eddyxx:  55.0

Gambitpool:  53.4

Yourmother:  42.25

druv10:  55.6

Wrathofhan:  42.0

Panda:  39.874

CoolEric:  46.83

TheDarkAlfred:  41.318

TheFastand Furiosa:  .$40.2

ViceVersa:  57.19

DeeCee:  58.0

Fancyarcher:  44.0

aabattery:  57.69

MikeQ:  46.0

KeepItU25071906:  43.0

damnitgeorge08 :  46.0

Wrath:  43.0

Gokaired:  51.58

Zakiyyah6 : 46.5

FlashMaster659 :  47.6

Blankments:  42.124

jb007:  48.8

Zeesoh:  45.6

fmpro:  127.7 (weekend prediction)

Matrix4you:  50.01

damienroc:  43.33

jj99:  46.5

marekthejedi:  129 (weekend prediction)

Subzero:  51.0

Here are all the predictions.  To those of you who sent weekend predictions, I apologize but this is for the opening day.  Fear not, there will more opportunities in the coming weeks.  

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR PREDICTION HERE, IT MEANS I DID NOT GET IT BY PM....IF YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL PM OR YOU CAN FIND YOUR POST IN HERE, SEND IT TO ME AND I WILL COUNT IT....BUT IT HAS TO BE AN ORIGINAL POST OR YOUR ORIGINAL PM

Good luck to all of you !

Here's what I've said back in April, 29th:

On 29/04/2017 at 2:27 AM, iJackSparrow said:

This will open bigger than Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok and Justice League. I don't even doubt it could gross more than GotG Vol. 2's OW, but I think it will fall a little short. Marvel Studios saved Spider-Man from Sony destroying the GA's interest in the character. I don't think they are going to use the July 4th holiday to jumpstart previews like they've used with TASM, but what I think it's going to happen it's something like this:

Previews July 6th: $15m

July 7th: $ 56m

July 8th: $58m

July 9th: $44m 

So a $174m OW with a 2.3 to 2.5 multiplier, around $400m-$435m Dom, keeping the tradition that all Iron Man films since The Avengers crossing $400m domestically.  It's definitely crossing $1B too. 

And here's what I've said last week:

On 05/07/2017 at 0:41 AM, iJackSparrow said:

Valueable opinion from someone that has followed this game way longer than me. 

With that said, I'm updating my original prediction and yet keeping over $400m. Here it goes the original prediction:

Updated prediction:

Previews July 6th: $15m

July 7th (FRI): $46m

July 8th (SAT): $49m

July 9th (SUN): $44m

A 154m OW with a 2.7 multiplier, becoming the 2017's Summer's blockbuster king and crossing $400m dom up to 415m-431m (2.8x), $1B+ WW. 

I'm keeping my last week prediction and saying it goes for $61m OD (yes, I've predicted $61m but I'm upping $1m, same year Spidey was created). I will proper link where I said this when I get to a desktop. Here it goes:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24045-spider-man-homecoming-400m-domestic-club-this-club-will-close-at-midnight-tonight/?do=findComment&comment=3088103

Edited by iJackSparrow

Just now, Eevin said:

Anyone mind explaining to me why she's so revered on here? 

She was snarky, irritable, and pretty poor at extrapolations but it made her fun to follow her drunk musings

• Like 9

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I am shocked and appalled at those preview numbers for SMH, should've been much much higher. I expect it to make up for that low preview number on Friday

Obviously you expected it to break opening weekend records, right? 

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well that, and Thor is a just less-popular comic figure who hasn't broken out above $210M DOM in his 1st 2 movies that had good reception, but not great reception...(and the 2nd opened roughly the same equivalent weekend as the 3rd is planning)...

If I'm gonna keep my supers' predicts rolling, I did not and still do not see this movie hitting $300M DOM even with the Hulk's help (and that will be a help, but not that big of one)...even in this year of supers, not every one can be a total superstar...some will only hit singles and doubles, not home runs...

The Hulk's involvement will probably only add 20m if that. The idea of Thor fighting Hulk could get more audience interested in usual though. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Including previews lol 

Ok I'm going to end up being a little lower.  I said 46.2 but with my prediction that would have only meant 31 million on Friday and it's blowing past that.

Just now, DAR said:

Ok I'm going to end up being a little lower.  I said 46.2 but with my prediction that would have only meant 31 million on Friday and it's blowing past that.

It's okay. That's what happened to me too. So I already know I'm not winning anything 

:P

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Obviously you expected it to break opening weekend records, right? 

The Hulk's involvement will probably only add 20m if that. The idea of Thor fighting Hulk could get more audience interested in usual though. 

DMan7 thought WW would do $60-65m OW.... 

I imagine the presence of Hulk isn't going to be a huge boost for Thor, just being better than TDW will see an increase in OW

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

She was snarky, irritable, and pretty poor at extrapolations but it made her fun to follow her drunk musings

And the best part you couldn't tell if they were late night or early morning drunk musings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

When my dumbass submitted my OD predictions, I thought Deadpool had made $37M OD so I was like hmm roughly $9M more is good for SMH. 

Yea well Deadpool did $47.5M OD which tells you all you need to know about my prediction skills 

:sadben:

I estimated 135 m OW.

But never checked other 135 m openers.

DMC made 135 m OW and 55 m Friday so I might've won if I did due diligence. :sadben:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rman823 said:

Wish Upon is from the guy who did the first Annabelle and looks like a typical generic PG-13 Horror film. Although some of the cast though. I mean Ryan Philippe, Audrey from Twin Peaks, Barb from Stranger Things. 

He's also the same man who did Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, so you know you're in a good quality time when you see it. 

• Like 2