CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Another thing I don't understand is how some users here shit on Doctor Strange so much. I rewatched it yesterday, and although it's a rushed film, it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. The way some consider it to be one of the worst CBMs is mind boggling. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

So do I....like 20-25%.

We'll see. GOTG2 after OD people were saying 125-130M OW, it ended up over 146M. WW people were saying low to mid 90s, it ended up over 103M. In both cases, each had strong Saturday jump followed by small Sunday drop.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Worst 5 super hero movies:

Batman Returns:  0/10

Dr. Strange:  1/10

Superman IV:  3/10

Catwoman:  3/10

Thor 2:  4/10

Image result for come at me bro meme

dissapoint-gif.gif?w=300&h=169

95667ff99bbaa9c349a3d4230916f052.gif

• Like 8

nice starting number for Spidey. Hope it can get to the magic 50m mark but quite satisfied with that 45m+. That being said the previews to OD ratio are going to kill it a bit next weekend even with just one new opener.

Hope the rest of the Friday numbers are as strong as the thursday holds suggest they can be.

Provided Rth's range holds, it could do something like this for the weekend:

From a 117m OW, it needs a 2.56x to crack 300m which is highly likely. 2.75x (same as Doctor Strange) gets it to 322m. 3x would mean 351m, though 3x multiplier for the sixth SM film seems tough even with great WOM.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Ahhhh, The Good old times when the Spiderman movies were bonafide romantic comedies engineered for the Julia Roberts fans crowd and 11 yo girls with a central female character so annoying it would elicit a thousand think pieces today.

Those were the days, cherish them forever.

:(

reminds me of something i saw irl that i talked about here before. some dude in a coffee shop aggressively telling two girls he was with that they're wrong for liking the tobey maguire spider-men more than the andy garfield ones because gwen stacy is "better for them". dude was a real heroic ally.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

First Iron Man is still my favourite. MCU peaked with the first.

Then peaked again in November, 2017.

You only get it in November? Sad.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Another thing I don't understand is how some users here shit on Doctor Strange so much. I rewatched it yesterday, and although it's a rushed film, it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. The way some consider it to be one of the worst CBMs is mind boggling. 

It's one of my favorite Marvel movies. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

The"Phantom" / F4 / Daredevil/ Elekra ... got to be in there somewhere. Thor 2 can't be that bad :lol:

Edited by Subzero

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Swinton is pretty good in it, but then she's good in most things. Mads was wasted, though not as badly as Eccleston was in Thor 2. Benedict was good, too, but I'll always wonder what couldve been if Phoenix had taken the role. The press tour alone would've been glorious.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Its the worst MCu  movie atl least imo 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

The time has come

Fant4stic 

Suicide Squad

Catwoman

Superman 4

Roger Corman's Fantastic 4

Ghost Rider 2

Just now, AJG said:

The time has come

Fant4stic 

Suicide Squad

Catwoman

Superman 4

Roger Corman's Fantastic 4

Ghost Rider 2

I can agree with everything I have seen from here. All of them are awful.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

reminds me of something i saw irl that i talked about here before. some dude in a coffee shop aggressively telling two girls he was with that they're wrong for liking the tobey maguire spider-men more than the andy garfield ones because gwen stacy is "better for them". dude was a real heroic ally.

Wow that could have been me if:

1. I was a casual with that opinion

2. I was in Europe

3. I was trying to pick up girls

Image result for emo peter gif

Edited by WrathOfHan