CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

So SM: HC will be getting 130m OW I'm pretty sure with that number.

Also WTF with that WW hold. 

This is even more impressive when you consider that last friday it dropped 40% against DM3, while only drop 30% against SMH!!!

I guess the huge crowd bought by SMH has the spillover effect on the others good quality of holdovers....

WW will be remembered as the only CBM that could hold well against its direct same genre of blockbuster in movie history!

WW and SMH, most "non-cannibalising" pair of CBM!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This is even more impressive when you consider that last friday it dropped 40% against DM3, while only drop 30% against SMH!!!

I guess the huge crowd bought by SMH has the spillover effect on the others good quality of holdovers....

WW will be remembered as the only CBM that could hold well against its direct same genre of blockbuster in movie history!

WW and SMH, most "non-cannibalising" pair of CBM!! 

Well, GOTG2 also didn't seem to have been much affected by WW as well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Well, GOTG2 also didn't seem to have been much affected by WW as well. 

People keep forgetting that. Which is why I wondered why so many were expecting a 55% drop this weekend? GOTG 2 had a normal post Holiday drop.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Hi newbie here, first time to post and a long time lurker. Been following you ever since, since year 2000s from kals crazy avatar prediction to transformer's puerto rico thing i know all those stuffs. Lol this is the only forum where i can get so much laughter my wife thinks im crazy.

Anyways WW has such an amazing run it will have a shot at 400m. I think next week its still not going to fall below 1m dailies. 

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, jayr said:

Hi newbie here, first time to post and a long time lurker. Been following you ever since, since year 2000s from kals crazy avatar prediction to transformer's puerto rico thing i know all those stuffs. Lol this is the only forum where i can get so much laughter my wife thinks im crazy.

Anyways WW has such an amazing run it will have a shot at 400m. I think next week its still not going to fall below 1m dailies. 

Welcome aboard 

52 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm not sure how it gets to 130m.

48-49m means a 32.6-33.6m True Friday.

Going off the high end, and being very generous with the Saturday bump and Sunday drop of 25% and -10% gives us 42 and 37.8, which gives us a 128.8 weekend.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

It's also my first prediction, $130m would be really good :)

I'm glad!

giphy.gif

Some breakdown:

• Postrak: Forty-nine percent bought tickets to Homecoming because they love Spider-Man, 18% said it was the cast featuring Robert Downey Jr., Michael Keaton, Tom Holland and Zendaya; 25% watched because they went with someone who wanted to see it, 19% heard it was good; and 11% cited it was the film’s great reviews.
  • PostTrak also shows a lot of walk-up business with 79% of those surveyed purchasing tickets today
  • CinemaScore: Fifty-eight percent bought tickets because they love Spider-Man movies, while Holland and Downey Jr. pulled in 17% of the ticket buyers.
  • Fandango (previews):  89% were more excited to see the latest Spider-Man because of star Holland’s credibility as a high school student. Eighty-seven percent of those polled have seen multiple Spider-Man movies on the big screen, while 86% are fans of Downey and 70% fans of Keaton.

The tomato law and WOM adding a relative 30% :sparta:

Edited by XO21
  • Like 6

And I thought that GOTG2 holding steady when WW opened was impressive. 

32% drop in its 6th weekend and against Spidey at 125M? WTF?!?! :ohmygod:Bitch better make 400M now.

Also, strong OW for SMH (that Feige dude just doesn't know how not to win), good hold for Baby Driver (Sony must be drowning in partying for getting two hits in a row), and great increase for The Big Sick (or, according to what this thread calls it, What She Calls Mine).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, the beast said:

Just Wondering, are Deadline's Midnight Updates normally Accurate?

Yes. At that point there's very little in doubt, so it's rare to see an announced Friday that's far outside of that range.

• Like 1