Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The meltdowns when Spidey doesn't drop 40% this weekend shall be glorious.

BKB might meltdown but I think the vast majority is thinking 55%-60% drop.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

They scream "this is just a silly funny book" every 5 seconds.

Yet somehow, they all have more genuine heart, emotion, and pathos than pretty much every other CBM released after 2008 (barring only Logan I think).

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 3

Nah, I believed in Holland's struggle.

SM1-SM3 are too self-aware to take seriously.
They scream "this is just a silly funny book" every 5 seconds.

You need to be self aware when you have a guy running around with four massive metal arms on his back. The best thing about the original trilogy is the humor.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I'm thinking it's headed for a 2.7-2.8x. Maybe gets a 3x, but I think it's pretty unlikely. Don't really see it getting below a 2.5x.

Yup. Thinking very much this now. I'd have thought differently if Monday was closer $13M to $14M. At the moment, I'm expecting just slightly better legs than The First Avenger's 2.72 which would give Homecoming just over/under $320M DOM.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Well...I think that there is Just one person who thinks it hAs a deCent shot at maKing it.

Subtle and classy.

• Like 2

Here's my "realistic" go by...

Mon $12.3

Tues $15.9

Wed $11.7

Thurs $10.9

Fri $16.0

Sat $21.1

Sun $16.4

Weekend $53.5M

Total by Day 10 - $221.3M or so

(Optimistic weekend for amazing WOM 12% higher or $60M (like the club I'm in...since I like to be optimistic for good movies:)...

I don't think you should think supers for this one, just like you shouldn't have thought it for WW...think July family movie with huge accessibility to adult market, ala Pets....Pets opened same weekend with less good WOM but incredible marketing saturation and concept and had angles into both the adult and family markets...

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yup. Thinking very much this now. I'd have thought differently if Monday was closer $13M to $14M. At the moment, I'm expecting just slightly better legs than The First Avenger's 2.72 which would give Homecoming just over/under $320M DOM.

Which would be a great #. SM needed a well-liked movie to rebuild the brand a bit. If anyone is actually disappointed and/ore says people should be disappointed with that #, they should get their heads examined.

• Like 2