CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

I liked that poster a lot..loved the cheesy 60's nostalgia.

I am torn by this movie. L like a lot of what I am seeing, but I admit I am disspaointed after the leaks from Cannes.

Spoiler

He is  going Magnificent Bestards on this, which I was hoping he  would not do.

1 hour ago, Alli said:

One of the few original adult movies this summer. that could be an advantage. leo is a draw, of course, but something about the movie doesn't seem appealing.

I think the movie still looks pretty appealing but the second trailer wasn't very good.

6 hours ago, Alli said:

One of the few original adult movies this summer. that could be an advantage. leo is a draw, of course, but something about the movie doesn't seem appealing.

It doesn't seem to have a strong plot hook like Django and IB had, the movie is being sold as Brad and Leo hanging out in the 60s for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Joel M said:

It doesn't seem to have a strong plot hook like Django and IB had, the movie is being sold as Brad and Leo hanging out in the 60s for the most part.

Agreed. I thought the Manson family was supposed to be the plot at first but that appears not to be the case. 

still looks unappealing to me. if it weren't for the manson angle which i'm sure will interest people, i'd say this would flop.  will people be interested in some hasbeens doing spaghetti westerns in old hollywood? it's not exactly Sunset Boulevard.

we shall see, if it does good, it's because of the stars. leo and pitt are draws,

16 minutes ago, Alli said:

still looks unappealing to me. if it weren't for the manson angle which i'm sure will interest people, i'd say this would flop.  will people be interested in some hasbeens doing spaghetti westerns in old hollywood? it's not exactly Sunset Boulevard.

we shall see, if it does good, it's because of the stars. leo and pitt are draws,

I think you are onto something. there's no sense of the story. its hook is solely Brad/Leo star pairing. I can see why movie buffs find it awesome but general audience may think it's too niche (Hollywood industry). For example, IB stated what the story was clearly. So did Django. but this is much more muddled. Leo's character mopes about being a hasbeen and that's it? they drive around and that's it? like, if there's a revenge against Manson, show us or hint at it.