CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

34 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

No. It really doesn't. Y'all just being fucking drama queens

Maybe a little bit, but Hollywood looks for any reason to stick to their un-creative rot. They have confirmation bias when it comes to how view certain successes and failures. There's an interesting article out there about how execs reacted to Inception's success. 

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Maybe a little bit, but Hollywood looks for any reason to stick to their un-creative rot. They have confirmation bias when it comes to how view certain successes and failures. There's an interesting article out there about how execs reacted to Inception's success. 

People outside of Hollywood always have the solutions to everything.

Funny how this works.

• Like 1

Pitt and DiCapiro are so damn great in this (Robbie wasn't given much to do sadly), overall though I feel this is one of the more weaker Tarantino films. Felt like things could have been much tighter, and there was some clunky stuff in the middle of the film. 

Liked it overall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Pitt and DiCapiro are so damn great in this (Robbie wasn't given much to do sadly), overall though I feel this is one of the more weaker Tarantino films. Felt like things could have been much tighter, and there was some clunky stuff in the middle of the film. 

Liked it overall. 

The D word they refuse to say.

Told you.

What do you mean with "the future of cinema is streaming". All the movies in a months subscription like the Netflix model? Some people I don't know why thinks this when  the only possibile future is we will pay a ticket for every single movie we choose to see like now, just at home. 

For reference, Sony is expecting $30 million on the dot this weekend, and it’s important to keep in mind the film’s R rating, 2 hour 45 minute run time, and lack of many premium format screens to boost average ticket prices.

Meanwhile, The Lion King is fresh off its July record — and eighth best ever — opening weekend of $191.8 million. With no new competition for family audiences, a firm grip on IMAX and other PLF screens, 

Yup that’s Disney for you, hogging screens yet again 

I'm debating about seeing this in an hour and a half.  I guess the biggest plus is, if I go,  it will give me enough points to have a free ticket for me next visit and it helps me keep my diamond status :P 

Ok, I broke down and in the theater now.  

Probably not the best idea since I haven't slept in 30+ hours and this is a long talkie movie.  Hopefully I won't snore 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

Ok, I broke down and in the theater now.  

Probably not the best idea since I haven't slept in 30+ hours and this is a long talkie movie.  Hopefully I won't snore 😛

I did that and slept through Toy Story 4.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VENOM said:

For reference, Sony is expecting $30 million on the dot this weekend, and it’s important to keep in mind the film’s R rating, 2 hour 45 minute run time, and lack of many premium format screens to boost average ticket prices.

Meanwhile, The Lion King is fresh off its July record — and eighth best ever — opening weekend of $191.8 million. With no new competition for family audiences, a firm grip on IMAX and other PLF screens, 

Yup that’s Disney for you, hogging screens yet again 

A $191.8M opener in just its 2nd weekend? Of course it's going to have all those screens! I realize it's popular to pile on Disney but that is...par for the course.

Disregard if you were bing sarcastic.

• Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, 75Live said:

I'm debating about seeing this in an hour and a half.  I guess the biggest plus is, if I go,  it will give me enough points to have a free ticket for me next visit and it helps me keep my diamond status :P 

Haha, you and I think very much alike! I always justify seeing a movie by accumulating points so I can see the next one for free. It's also how I un-apologetically justify spending absorbent amounts of money on popcorn combos. I accumulate tons and tons of points.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

I've never fell asleep in a theater before so this could be a first 😛

The only time - at least that I can recall - I've fallen asleep in a theatre is when I saw a matinee of Looper. I was working nights at the time and I couldn't get to sleep in the morning so I stayed up and a few hours later decided to see a movie.

• Like 1