CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Didn't Weiner get accused of sexual harassment by one of the Mad Men writers, maybe not the best .gif to use in this situation...

Tarantino isn't Harvey but Quentin's career is inextricably tied to Miramax/TWC, and it seems QT confronted Harvey about his treatment of Uma only to go on and be abusive to her himself (granted in a professional context largely, but that doesn't make it okay).  It's not like the budget for Kill Bill was so shoestring that they couldn't possibly have afforded a stunt driver and the business with spitting scenes sounds incredibly personal, there's a way to go about those scenes without the underlying hostility.

Is Tarantino done forever, who can say, but in the short term no actress is going to be able to work with him without getting incredible pushback. The cast being assembled was pricey but the prospects of this movie were going to be based on the reviews which probably wouldn't be so great now, so the studio is probably going to be tabling this project in 3...2...

I disagree. Also, why would this affect reviews? 

If he is casting Polanski, not watching this film (or any of his previous ones again). Not at all an over-reaction. Polanski assaulted at least 4 girls:

Year, Name, Age

1972, Renate Langer, 15 (rape)

1975,  Marianne Barnard, 10

1977, Samantha Gailey, 13 (rape)

1984, Charlotte Lewis, 16

Weinstein, Tarantino...birds of a feather.

Edit:

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

K. I considered Polanski-the character being in a film about Tate as a given, and 'duh of course' news. So when they explicitly mentioned Poalnski being in the film as fresh news I thought they are casting Polanski else didn't know why mention something obvious.

Edited by a2knet

35 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

studio is probably going to be tabling this project in 3...2...

Do you think they could legally speaking over something like this ? Those can of deal tend to be include close were the studio can walk away paying a minimum fee, and they are like new laws changing, act of god nature type, war, etc... Tend to also have date with close to determine valid reason to not release the movie at the latest before date X and so on.

Thurman says that in “Kill Bill,” Tarantino had done the honors with some of the sadistic flourishes himself, spitting in her face in the scene where Michael Madsen is seen on screen doing it and choking her with a chain in the scene where a teenager named Gogo is on screen doing it.

I guess it doesn't stop at feet fetishes!

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

I disagree. Also, why would this affect reviews? 

Critics bring their baggage with a director or a movie's subject matter into their reviews, more of them are trying to be woke (because that's how they are, because it gets them clicks) not to mention all the thinkpieces reacting to the critical reaction. Even before Uma's story, some questioned the taste of another movie about Manson/the murders(though to what extent he was going to feature wasn't known) and the release date on the 50th anniversary.

39 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If he is casting Polanski, not watching this film (or any of his previous ones again). Not at all an over-reaction. Polanski assaulted at least 4 girls:

Year, Name, Age

And there's this angle, if Sharon Tate was going to be portrayed in the movie, there's a good chance Polanski would at least be mentioned, and after he's cleared as a suspect, in the context of his 8+ months pregnant wife being slaughtered, he's a very sympathetic figure. In light of his subsequent actions...some people will have a problem with that (though his sympathizers say Sharon's murder turned him down such a dark path--there's no excuse, of course). Lots of potential pitfalls in releasing this in the current climate, even before.

27 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Do you think they could legally speaking over something like this ? Those can of deal tend to be include close were the studio can walk away paying a minimum fee, and they are like new laws changing, act of god nature type, war, etc... Tend to also have date with close to determine valid reason to not release the movie at the latest before date X and so on.

The movie hasn't started filming yet so everyone involved has to be monitoring the public reaction and weighing all their options.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

The movie hasn't started filming yet so everyone involved has to be monitoring the public reaction and weighing all their options.

Sure there is time on their side, but Tarantino production deal was probably pretty solid in what they studio can and cannot legally do, they probably must go through with it except for pretty exceptional reason (I imagine you can always buy you way out, but it could be an high really high price)

Thing that could happen is DiCaprio, he could walk out and he could have been one of those condition that the studio had as a necessary one and give them the option to get out if he does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Year, Name, Age

He is not casting polanski. He apparently will be acharacter in the movie.  

I trust tarantino’s vision. Did you watch i, tonya? Were you against that movie too considering she did some despicable things? Or what about Inglorious Basterds? That had hitler. 

People are overacting now. Let the man present his vision. This is a dangerous road...i’m against censorship.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I trust tarantino’s vision. Did you watch i, tonya? Were you against that movie too considering she did some despicable things? Or what about Inglorious Basterds? That had hitler. 

People are overacting now. Let the man present his vision. This is a dangerous road...i’m against censorship.

K. I considered Polanski-the character being in a film about Tate as a given, and 'duh of course' news. So when they explicitly mentioned Poalnski being in the film as fresh news I thought they are casting Polanski else didn't know why mention something obvious.

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

It's not censorship to say that I have no interest in seeing Tarantino's vision of anything, much less a recreation of an horrific crime that might involve the sympathetic portrayal of a child rapist. I've never liked his movies anyway so it's no skin off my nose. I find his work grotesquely self-indulgent, derivative, and pointless, especially now that it's clear that the onscreen misogyny he so gleefully displays is not merely onscreen.

I did watch 'I, Tonya' and I wasn't against them making a movie about her, although I found the whitewashing of her in the PR for the movie and at the Golden Globes distasteful and wrongheaded.

16 minutes ago, Alli said:

Here come “i never liked him, anyway” posters. 

Of course its your right not to watch the movie, but dont demonize the man for being an artist with his own vision/ideas. 

and his own spit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1