CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

As long as the big names in the cast stay put, the project and Tarantino will be fine. He was always gonna get some heat for the Weinstein connection whenever he released his first movie post-scandal and the movie might be controversial itself (like every other Tarantino movie) but he still have a big audience. When there are movie stars in his movies GA eats it up, when there aren't the budgets are adjusted down and his post-Pulp Fiction following is enough to make them profitable. Death Proof, his only flop , could even be profitable if not for the ill-conceived Grindhouse release strategy.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

In a similar deal, QT insisted on strangling Diane Kruger with his own hands in Inglorious Basterds.

That s a very nice touch from you Quentin.

:wacko::gold:

FTYzB2q.png

Quentin: CUT!

Christoph Waltz: What's the matter?

Quentin: You're doing it completely wrong, you've got to squeeze tighter!

Christoph Waltz: but..

Quentin: Get out of my way, I'll show you how it's done. Roll the tape on my go, 3,2,1, action.

strangles

Quentin: CUT!

Diane Kruger: ...wha-- wha what's wrong NOW

Quentin: We'll have to go again the timing was slightly off

Cameraguy: Erm Quentin no it w...
Quentin: QUIET YOU, do you fucking job get ready to roll again

Movie will happen for sure but this is a major blow to Tarantino's standing in the industry. A director showing poor judgement in a situation that can endanger his lead is a definite No-No. It doesn't help that he is also entangled with Harvey Weinstein.

As "assholeish" and wrong, as the whole thing with the Kill Bill scene sounds (Tarantino has a big ego, who'da thunk). I doubt it affects the production of this film, unless DiCaprio or some other big star drops out because of it, which seems unlikely. 

Off topic sorry but still :

It s crazy how Harvey Weinstein had to become a criminal to get a taste of Leonardo Di Caprio s lifestyle.

One is labelled a disgusting perv and the other is adored by the entire planet

but

both wanted the same thing :

bang beautiful women 24/7.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It s crazy how Harvey Weinstein had to become a criminal to get a taste of Leonardo Di Caprio s lifestyle.

but

next time reread what you wrote and think about whether you really want to hit submit

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

but

So why is weinstein the one targeted in your opinion? Is it because he’s not good looking like leo?

Would these women all come out with their stories just because they were disgusted by him? I doubt it

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

but

Consent matters.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Except this isn't the Me Too movement. This is different. Unless somebody wants to tell me with a straight face that Tarantino would never do this to a man, because he most definitely would. He's a maniacal filmmaker. We've known this. It's just unfortunate that it led to somebody getting hurt. 

No one cares if QT would do it to men as well. As long as he did do something disrespectful to women, the #MeToo movement will choke him. #MeToo is not just about sexual assaults or whether the accused ones specifically target women, it is all about women getting the respect they deserve. I am sorry to say this, but this Manson movie is not seeing the lights of the day (at least not directed by QT). It is over. Heck, I was so excited for it. What a downer ! 

2 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

No one cares if QT would do it to men as well. As long as he did do something disrespectful to women, the #MeToo movement will choke him. #MeToo is not just about sexual assaults or whether the accused ones specifically target women, it is all about women getting the respect they deserve. I am sorry to say this, but this Manson movie is not seeing the lights of the day (at least not directed by QT). It is over. Heck, I was so excited for it. What a downer ! 

Yeah.... no.  

Mel Gibson is back to making Oscar nominated movies, so this will hardly do anything to Tarantino besides him apologizing for anything.  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Yeah.... no.  

Mel Gibson is back to making Oscar nominated movies, so this will hardly do anything to Tarantino besides him apologizing for anything.  

And he is noted in Uma's NYT confessional as having effectively done so soon after the crash event to Ethan Hawke, when confronted about the car injury, at least. 

That doesn't make his behavior or the events cool, of course. 

But I think this new movie will go ahead.