CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Quentin Tarantino criticised by Asia Argento, Jessica Chastain after Uma Thurman details alleged treatment on Kill Bill set

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/quentin-tarantino-uma-thurman-kill-bill-set-hollywood-asia-argento-jessica-chastain-a8193501.html

A shitstorm is coming. Honestly, how can anyone who roots for this movie not worried at all? 

Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Leonardo Dicaprio share the same big screen with QT at the helm !? It is once-in-a-lifetime chance... 

27 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Quentin Tarantino criticised by Asia Argento, Jessica Chastain after Uma Thurman details alleged treatment on Kill Bill set

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/quentin-tarantino-uma-thurman-kill-bill-set-hollywood-asia-argento-jessica-chastain-a8193501.html

A shitstorm is coming. Honestly, how can anyone who roots for this movie not worried at all? 

Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Leonardo Dicaprio share the same big screen with QT at the helm !? It is once-in-a-lifetime chance... 

He deserves to be criticized. (Though none of the people quoted in the article is entirely on the mark, but that's another matter.) How this is going to kill the movie I still don't really see, especially if Tarantino publicly expresses remorse which he's hopefully smart enough to do soon. 

• Like 1

This won't affect Tarantino at all. This isn't the me too movement. This is just stuff that happens on set. I'm  ure every actor in the history Hollywood some stories about things that happened on the set that aren't quite 100% etical or safe. This is just one more story.

Trying kill your lead absolutely should affect any director. I'm looking James Cameron's way as well.

This not being a MeToo story doesn't change the fact that QT risking his actress life for no reason was a scummy thing to do. I've never worshipped QT like other fanboys/fangirls so I have no trouble saying any of this.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Trying kill your lead absolutely should affect any director. I'm looking James Cameron's way as well.

This not being a MeToo story doesn't change the fact that QT risking his actress life for no reason was a scummy thing to do. I've never worshipped QT like other fanboys/fangirls so I have no trouble saying any of this.

What has Cameron done?

33 minutes ago, baumer said:

What has Cameron done?

Seriously? He is a notorious delusional asshole and a monster on set. He wouldn't even let the production crew heat the water during the ship interior scenes on the Titanic production. Leo and Kate both constantly nearly got hypothermia. That infamous Tina and Amy Globes joke about James and Kathryn played so well for a reason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

Seriously? He is a notorious delusional asshole and a monster on set. He wouldn't even let the production crew heat the water during the ship interior scenes on the Titanic production. Leo and Kate both constantly nearly got hypothermia. That infamous Tina and Amy Globes joke about James and Kathryn played so well for a reason.

Cameron to QT "Much to learn you still have, my young padawan."

Anyway, on that particular case, I think it was because there could be mist forming from heating the water and that would obviously mess up the shooting. Mist won't form in a open place because droplets vaporize quickly, but in a relatively small space it will due to the lower air water saturation. The ship interior scenes were obviously shot in a half-closed small space.

Edited by vc2002

On 2/4/2018 at 4:01 AM, IronJimbo said:

Quentin: CUT!

Christoph Waltz: What's the matter?

Quentin: You're doing it completely wrong, you've got to squeeze tighter!

Christoph Waltz: but..

Quentin: Get out of my way, I'll show you how it's done. Roll the tape on my go, 3,2,1, action.

strangles

Quentin: CUT!

Diane Kruger: ...wha-- wha what's wrong NOW

Quentin: We'll have to go again the timing was slightly off

Cameraguy: Erm Quentin no it w...
Quentin: QUIET YOU, do you fucking job get ready to roll again

not far :lol:

Diane Kruger has revealed that Quentin Tarantino insisted that he strangle her himself for a scene in Inglourious Basterds.

The German actress told Parade that Tarantino did not think that the actor concerned would be able to choke her to his satisfaction.

Kruger said: "I get strangled, which was especially weird because you feel it when someone is choking you, so it was an interesting day at the office. The funny part is that Quentin's hands are in the close-up.

"Quentin said, 'He's not going to do it right, it'll either be too much or too little. I know exactly what I need and I think I should just do it'. I have to say it was very strange being strangled by the director."

She added that she nearly missed out on her role in the movie because she had lost her accent to such an extent that Tarantino did not initially believe she was German.

Kruger recently claimed that she is offered a World War II piece "once a week" because of her nationality.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a172650/kruger-quentin-strangled-me-on-film/

Edited by a2knet
  • Haha 1