CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

44 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Dunno about this guy anymore...he has some kind of...male gay sex fetish...there's always a scene in his movies. Don't get me wrong, put two hot chick's making out on the screen, and :D...

What?

51 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Still a big Chastain fan, but her insistence on being a Moral Barometer is tiresome.

Yeah especially when she willfully muddies the waters by e.g. essentially stating that because the image of The Bride in Kill Bill is celebrated, and because she happens to be spit on and strangled in it, that means everyone celebrates and enjoys precisely those images and not, y'know, how she battles all of that abuse.

Edited by Jake Gittes

40 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Still a big Chastain fan, but her insistence on being a Moral Barometer is tiresome.

She seems to care a lot about Social issues.

Justice seems to be paramount for her, which is great.

She s quite fierce I must say, almost like a Warrior.

If you've watched, including the latest one, he shoves a...scene...in. I thought that was weird for a manly genre, like a western, but after some research, he's got a thing...

Not strange at all, were talking about hollywood 😂. His...tastes...are little too strange for me, I know to avoid it now...

yeah chastain can be annoying occasionally it's quite obvious she holds certain double standards for people she's worked with but i do appreciate the wilingness to call some of this stuff out. like when she criticized the misogyny of the films at cannes at the jury press conference last year. honestly that was more than due knowing the films that play there every year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

She seems to care a lot about Social issues.

Justice seems to be paramount for her, which is great.

She s quite fierce I must say, almost like a Warrior.

I see what you did there. 

"...Social issues"

"Justice seems..."

"...like a Warrior"

In other words, you mean she is a Social Justice Warrior (SJW).

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Most of Hollywood defended Polanski and many signed a petition saying he should be left alone now. Whoopi Goldberg once said it wasn't "rape rape" but I don't see her getting in trouble now 

Edited by John Marston

(Nevermind, I was beaten to it about the Polanski quotes...)

Most of Hollywood defended Polanski and many signed a petition saying he should be left alone now. Whoopi Goldberg once said it wasn't "rape rape" but I don't see her getting in trouble now

If she were planning a movie that potentially features Polanski as a notable character and gave his character a sympathetic slant? She'd be in it up to her neck. As it is, I think if Whoopi or others who have so far not gotten major blowback for their support of Polanski did an interview right now for any reason, I do believe they would be asked if they still hold the same opinion, and if they do, to defend it, and would catch some hell. That's certainly happened to a ton of people who have worked with Woody Allen over the years.

Edited by mattie08

Tarantino's comments are disgusting, but if we're going to single him out for defending Polanski, then we might as well single out Meryl Streep, Whoopi Goldberg, Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky, Alfonso Cuaron, Jonathan Demme, Alexandre Desplat, Stephen Frears, Terry Gilliam, Alejandro G. Inarritu, David Lynch, Michael Mann, Alexander Payne, Martin Scorsese, Tilda Swinton, Natalie Portman, Isabelle Huppert, Penelope Cruz, Harrison Ford, etc. and literally anyone who signed the petition to help him or has publicly supported him. 

This isn't to say Tarantino should get away with the comments that he made, because he shouldn't, but is anyone really surprised that he defended him, considering how many people openly supported and defended Polanski in Hollywood?

• Like 2