CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

58 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Silence, Kundun, Age of Innocence, etc...

If you are an adult and love movies, wtf are you doing not getting yourself out of the house watching any latest Scorsese release blindly ?

I imagine people that "love movies" in the sentiment used in that sentence, do so, that indicate there is just not that many of such people.

I agree, but everyone has a limit. Some Scorsese fans, whether they're cinephiles or not (there are many people who exist somewhere in between casual moviegoing and cinephilia), probably don't care to see him take on religious dramas or romances. 

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

I agree, but everyone has a limit. Some Scorsese fans, whether they're cinephiles or not (there are many people who exist somewhere in between casual moviegoing and cinephilia), probably don't care to see him take on religious dramas or romances. 

Well I mean, if you're closed minded to The Age of Innocence or Silence, that's on you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

That's a first, so it must've been for the role or something. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more than we think (after that infamous leaked on-set meltdown a decade ago, I can't imagine anyone wanting to get in the way of Christian Bale lol), we just usually don't hear about it (especially not in what is little more than a glorified puff piece like this article is).

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I mean, I guess maybe it's possible to not be a big fan of Scorsese? Especially his later work.

Yes and if that is possible (for a movie lover) than really show that anything is possible (like not being a big fan of Tarantino style).

A bit of a trick for the if you love movie and you do not go see the new Tarantino sentiment, I am sure people feel the same about the new Malick or Almodóvar.

Edited by Barnack

Do we know what trailers are attached to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? I assume A beautiful day in the neighborhood and Zombieland 2, but what other non Sony movies? Ad Astra? It Chapter 2? Ford v Ferrari? Knives Out?

Please no CATS. I beg. I will die of second hand embarrassment. 

Edited by Pinacolada

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

I like Leo, but he does not seem like the type who will take minimum scale to do a small indie film, or pass up a lucrative film to do a much less lucrative stage play.

for this movie 25M plus percentage from the box office, dvd sales etc....

According to the hollywood reporter he should make around 45M dollars. 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:45 AM, PenguinHyphy said:

Or how about you watch want you want and allow other people to watch what they want without you berating people? 

You really took it like that? Ok. Lol. 

I didn’t berate anyone. I’m offering an opinion on my hopes for this movie in its own thread.  I will despair if this doesn’t take off.  

I’m forever defending audiences from what they’re choosing to see, but if they don’t show up for this then moviegoing really has gone to shit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

You really took it like that? Ok. Lol. 

I didn’t berate anyone. I’m offering an opinion on my hopes for this movie in its own thread.  I will despair if this doesn’t take off.  

I’m forever defending audiences from what they’re choosing to see, but if they don’t show up for this then moviegoing really has gone to shit. 

The problem is the trailers have done nothing to sell the audience on this movie besides "Pitt and DiCaprio hang out in a Tarantino movie." But if it's as crazy as some of the buzz implies, I could see a depressed weekend but strong legs. We will see. 

13 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

The problem is the trailers have done nothing to sell the audience on this movie besides "Pitt and DiCaprio hang out in a Tarantino movie." But if it's as crazy as some of the buzz implies, I could see a depressed weekend but strong legs. We will see. 

That's the movie and sounds great. 

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in here, but the title isn't doing the movie any favors. 

It's super generic and vanilla, I kept forgetting it was a Tarantino movie

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill

Inglourious Basterds 

Django Unchained

Hateful Eight

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood....like wtf is that?

• Knock It Off 2

8 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in here, but the title isn't doing the movie any favors. 

It's super generic and vanilla, I kept forgetting it was a Tarantino movie

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill

Inglourious Basterds 

Django Unchained

Hateful Eight

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood....like wtf is that?

Obvious reference to Sergio Leone movies, but it's been done before by other filmmakers.

I think some people are little peeved that Leo didn't attach himself to a franchise and take as if he's disdainful of them. which isn't true. he said he was a fan and as a fan he wanted to experience them as a fan, and also that he was in a position to make different kind of movies cause they were needed too. Classy of him, IMO. The guy has one of biggest CB collections so that's that.

As for indies, they are overrated. There's nothing wrong with the type of movies Leo does and maybe he didn't try to be on stage cause it isn't his forte. He wouldn't be such a big star if he didn't know his limitations and worked around them which is picking projects that accentuate his strength. There's no point to push for something one isn't good at like Angelia's attempts at directing. She isn't cut for it so that's never going to pan out, unlike Greta Gerwig, but she has a star power as an actress. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Knock It Off 1

43 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You've seen it?

Yes, in cannes, It's an incredible movie, the direction is maybe the best of tarantino.  Brad Pitt has really really strong choices to win his first Oscar if they choose the supporting category. 

The final I guess will be a little bit controversial but I like it. 

It's not a movie for the generic movie lovers there are there only when him or scorsese make gangster movies or movie about rich people in wall street, there is a lot of talk, like A LOT. That's why they culdn't show more in the trailer, there isn't something more to show in a trailer. You have to watch it and that's all. 

Edited by maxalcamo

38 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

As for indies, they are overrated.

What a weird statement. An entire category of films is over-rated now? Because it's the only type of film that takes massive risks anymore? Come on.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

What a weird statement. An entire category of films is over-rated now? Because it's the only type of film that takes massive risks anymore? Come on.

I mean they are overrated in the sense that whenever an actor is making studio movies, he or she is instantly slapped with "should do some indies" as if that's a proof of quality.