franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

On 7/26/2019 at 1:50 AM, Geo1500 said:

I don't know why they waited so long for this movie to come out. I would have loved to see a sequel 3 yrs after the first

Because george miller and his team are currently in a legal war against WB, have been for a couple of years.

Madden would play a breathtakingly handsome man with an angel’s face that is scarred by a deep forehead wound stitched together with shiny chrome staples.

Kinda hard to believe they're not pulling this out of their ass. I'll wait for actual statements from Miller 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is TGWW, they are probably speaking BS like they mostly do. I also doubt Miller will start filming the next Mad Max before finishing 3,000 Years of Longing too (which will be aiming for a Cannes 2021 premiere imo).

The Yahya report is from Jeff Sneider, who's incredibly reliable. He broke news on the new David O'Russel film months in advance

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

The Yahya report is from Jeff Sneider, who's incredibly reliable. He broke news on the new David O'Russel film months in advance

Tbf, even Sneider himself didn't completely believe the Yahya and the prequel rumor when he reported it so I think its probably untrue. I just don't see how Miller would think that making a prequel film with a completely different cast before another proper Mad Max film would be a good idea. And I don't see Miller starting production at the end of the year. Like I said 3,000 Years will likely be a Cannes premiere, so he's likely going to be working on that at least till the end of the year and then will start pre-production on new Mad Max sometime early next year.

Edited by lorddemaxus

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I just don't see how Miller would think that making a prequel film with a completely different cast before another proper Mad Max film would be a good idea.

Furiosa was always planned around the same time as Fury Road though

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-productions-limbo-coronavirus-1203543478/

Development slates at the studios are also in flux. Most executives don’t expect things to get back to normal for several weeks, though a few are taking video and phone meetings as they try to game out films they hope to greenlight in the next 12 months. Director George Miller, for instance, has been meeting with names including Anya Taylor-Joy for his “Furiousa” spin-off, which he hopes to start shooting in 2021.

Of course, Miller is making concessions to coronavirus — those auditions have taken place via Skype.

Yes to this please!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

I'd rather have another proper Mad Max film than a Furiousa origin story but Anya Taylor Joy is an amazing choice imo and I'm still really excited to see what Miller does here. Isn't there already a Furiousa origin story comic book? Is he just gonna adapt that?

Edited by lorddemaxus

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd rather have another proper Mad Max film than a Furiousa origin story but Anya Taylor Joy is an amazing choice imo and I'm still really excited to see what Miller does here. Isn't there already a Furiousa origin story comic book? Is he just gonna adapt that?

This project was in development alongside Fury Road, so the base lines of the plot have probably been rummaging around Miller's head long before the comic came out.

1 hour ago, Julian1410 said:

So Charlize Theron is not in this? Why would we care. Plus Joy doesn’t look anything like Theron

Basically agree... but Theron apparently had a hell-of-a time filming FURY ROAD (not in a good way...)

...But the entire production in Namibia was a hell-of-a-time, also...

But yeah, I'd still prefer a MAX sequel.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1