franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

Fury Road opened the week before Memorial Day weekend and Cannes will begin on May 14 so it's possible this ends up moving to the 17th which currently has nothing on it as studios start to fill in the gaps on the release schedule with projects that were finished pre-strike and will be ready.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fury Road opened the week before Memorial Day weekend and Cannes will begin on May 14 so it's possible this ends up moving to the 17th which currently has nothing on it as studios start to fill in the gaps on the release schedule with projects that were finished pre-strike and will be ready.

Fury Road has been the can for a while so moving it up wouldn't be a surprise. I think Garfield will move as well and displace the already delayed Harold and the Purple Crayon.

Mickey 17 is one where I wonder if WB will delay it? Could easily play in July or August or possibly November.

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Mickey 17 is one where I wonder if WB will delay it? Could easily play in July or August or possibly November.

Mickey 17 seems like an obvious delay considering WB currently has it, Dune, and Godzilla x Kong set to open over less than a month (and unlike Wonka/Aquaman/Color Purple, you can make the argument these movies target similar demos). The holiday schedule is looking rather barren at the moment so there's room for it.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

They might as well push this back a week. May 31st seems pretty empty right now, as far as I can tell. 

Yeah I assume they will announce a new date next week at CCXP with the trailer drop. Unless they want to play a game of chicken with Apes. June 7 would be most ideal. WB has some movie called Watchers scheduled their right now. just move that to another date.