WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm not going to argue with delusional Spider-Man fans anymore.

Still a $14M Friday (which is slightly higher than Ant Man) could go to $48M-$49M if it continues to follow Ant Man which is still good.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am depressed for America's state right now. All you guys want is Trump, guns and silly funny book movies. You guys are a dying continent. 

Talk to us when your entire country's GDP matches one of our states. 💅🏻

• Like 4

I said for the most part in my post about dark movies not being what the audience prefers right now. I'm talking about 2017, not 2008. I fail to see what TDK has to do with the filmgoers mood in 2017.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm not going to argue with delusional Spider-Man fans anymore.

Dude, I didn't say it was going to make $20M today or that it's on pace for $60M. Deadline had Wonder Woman low on its OW and other weekends as well. Just as it had Spidey between $42M and $45M at this time last weekend. All I said was that it wouldn't surprise me to see Spidey go up to $15M and War something closer to $22M+.

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

CJohn doesn't like it that America followed the Tomato Law but then when they don't he doesn't like it. There's just no pleasing him.

he's sad because it effects the trash movies that he loves so dearly and then he's sad because he's lost a recurring bit. this is like taking the watermelon away from gallagher. 

• Like 12

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

he's sad because it effects the trash movies that he loves so dearly and then he's sad because he's lost a recurring bit. this is like taking the watermelon away from gallagher. 

Your jokes are too smart for me. I can't counter this. :sadben:

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I know I predicted high for this movie but I should have listened to the non-existent buzz for this movie. Doesn't even have 50 pages on BOT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

He still has the sledgehammer though, he'll beat something else into the ground.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Damn. I was betting on an increase from Dawn due to it's positive reception and the really good reviews for this one.

Fucking hell the one time I think the Tomato law might not be BS and it doesn't work. I blame @CJohn 100%.

Think is, the last one reception was not that far, not a batman begin to Dark Knight jump.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (and I would imagine some like IMDB/letterboxd were higher the week of the release):

RT score: 90% / 7.9 average rating

RT audience score: 88%

IMDB: 7.7 went from 8.9 to 8.6 during the first weekend

Letterbox: 7.4

MC : 79

War 

RT score: 94% / 8.2 average rating

RT audience score: 91%

IMDB: 8.3

Letterbox: 8.1

MC : 83

Twitter maybe became a bit more hyperbolic movie wise since ? because the critical/audience reception is really close between the 2 I think.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Apes may be another example of this board overestimating a movie that fits its quadrant to the T...

But we'll see by Sunday...I wouldn't take Deadline as gospel yet, either, especially after their last 2 weeks (overestimating by $10M for DM3 and underestimating by $17M and then overestimating by $8M for Spidey)...

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk said:

He still has the sledgehammer though, he'll beat something else into the ground.

Oh, you are right. Let me try it on you :redcapes:

• Like 1

Of course I'm going to wait to see what the numbers at 3am my time says before totally definitively saying anything but I doubt that Apes is going to explode to 25 -26million. I don't believe Apes will get below 21mil by the way.

Edited by Zakiyyah6