WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

But then again, cities like Salt Lake City, Boise and Milwaukee, the cities the most money comes from in those states, are heavity democratic voting. And this is my point. 

Looking at youtube views I suspected that it did match your point very well for cities (I have no knowledge except the biggest one for rep/democrate)

That said with 80% of the population being urban (depending of the metric use) that was almost certain to be true.

1 minute ago, the beast said:

I still think They are Underestimating it and the friday for apes will end up being much higher

I hope you're right. Sub-$20M just doesn't make sense. I was hoping for ~$28M when the preview number was announced this morning.

1 minute ago, superduperm said:

I hope you're right. Sub-$20M just doesn't make sense. I was hoping for ~$28M when the preview number was announced this morning.

Or Maybe The Friday will be at $23M and then Saturday & Sunday Will hold very well

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Audiences during the 2000's were getting ripped off.

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.

The Star Wars prequels.

Affleck's Daredevil. 

Raimi's Spider-man :ph34r:

Everything is a hundred times better now. :sparta:

Revenge of the Sith is underrated and better than Force Awakens. Daredevil is also underrated especially the director's cut. Spider Man 1 is top 20 best superhero movie and Spider Man 2 is top 10 at the very least.

• Like 1

Big Sick looking like a $3,200 per theater. Not great. Could have told you that was gonna happen. That movie has art film crowd in big city written all over it. They massively marketed it as well. At least 20 million in marketing, probably a lot more. Not sure what they were thinking. Maybe Amazon Studios just wants to get their name out there more.

• Like 1

Yeah, some people need to be fired over at fox for War's "marketing." There's really no excuse whatsoever for it to not be matching Dawn's opening, let alone dropping that bad, considering the reception of the first two, the reception of this one, and relatively weak direct competition. Hopefully this is a lesson that even in this day and age marketing still matters.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 8

And, remember everyone, Variety had Homecoming's OD at $42M while Deadline had it at $42M to $45M right around this time last Friday. And, well, its actual OD came in at just under $51M. So, let's wait see what happens with War's OD number.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lestranger said:

Big Sick looking like a $3,200 per theater. Not great. Could have told you that was gonna happen. That movie has art film crowd in big city written all over it. They massively marketed it as well. At least 20 million in marketing, probably a lot more. Not sure what they were thinking. Maybe Amazon Studios just wants to get their name out there more.

The movie's doing very well still considering how extreme the expansion was. It was always gonna be powered by WOM as it expanded anyway. Still on track for at least $40M, which puts it on the high end of Sundance acquisitions over the past decade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

And, remember everyone, Variety had Homecoming at $42M and Deadline had it at $42M to $45M right around this time last Friday. And, well, it's actual came in at just under $51M. So, let's wait see what happens with War's OD number.

There's also the multitude of other cases when they over-predicted things :ph34r:

• Like 4