WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Predictions for next weekend:

Dunkirk: 40M

Planet of the Apes: 25.4M

Girls Trip: 23M

Spider-Man: 22.3M
Valerian: 20M

Despicable Me 3: 10.4M

Baby Driver: 5.7M

The Big Sick: 4.5M

Wonder Woman: 4.3M

Wish Upon: 2M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Dunkirk: 40M

Planet of the Apes: 25.4M

Girls Trip: 23M

Spider-Man: 22.3M
Valerian: 20M

Despicable Me 3: 10.4M

Baby Driver: 5.7M

The Big Sick: 4.5M

Wonder Woman: 4.3M

Wish Upon: 2M

When was the last time we had 5 films doing 20+? Will be fun if it happens

• Like 1

this weekend is a disappointment to me, I'd never expect SMH could be so fragile(despite quite good response from audience) to Apes and drop 60%.

A shocker to me even more, given that harsh drop from SMH, Apes figure wasn't great neither even with critically acclaimed review. 

Here is another thing, there are not any surprise or new-comers that come in above tracking, indicating that the whole market is shrinking!

Audience just need to have some attention lesson, they are always mindless, they can produced a huge $150m opener but not enough attention to accommodate two $50m grosser. 

Just now, Bernie86 said:

Is it possible that Apes beats Dunkirk next weekend?

Is it possible? Of course.

Will it? No.

But I anticipate Dunkirk to be Nolan's lowest opening since The Prestige but leg out like Batman Begins did. Anything $40M+ is a victory.

• Like 1

So using that $45.2M weekend I'll reiterate my analysis for Homecoming. However despite it's the worst drop for an MCU movie, it's not to far off from CATFA's 60.7% drop and July weekdays are saving it.

$208M is Homecoming's ten day total. I'm thinking Homecoming will fall at least 50% third weekend due to Dunkirk taking IMAX and Valerian potentially doing decent numbers. So about a $21M-$22M weekend, with about $23M in weekdays, puts it at $252M-$253M. Next week and the week after next it'll have back to back double features with Emoji and Dark Tower. Week 4 it'll be at $278M-$279M and the next one it'll be at $294M-$295M. It'll likely finish at $305M-$310M.

• Like 1