WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

But exchange rates exchange rates! Oh I'm sorry only Marvel movies get endless excuses.

Jesus, no offense but you're really hammering and annoying. Like Wonder Woman won the summer be happy about that I guess

Just now, Brainbug said:

Ive never understood that. Any other movie would kill for these numbers. I mean 1,4 BILLION Worldwide! Gigantic.

And no other CBM in the past 2 years has sniffed either of those grosses.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Is this about Apes?

Yes, I just edited my post.

Age of Ultron did great it was always in for a big drop and it being received much worse than the first one didn't help. But it was always going to lose 100 + million from the last one. Even if it had the same reviews as the first one it's still wouldn't have matched it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, Brainbug said:

Ive never understood that. Any other movie would kill for these numbers. I mean 1,4 BILLION Worldwide! Gigantic.

It's called "any sequel which doesn't increase must be a disappointment" syndrome.

• Like 1

Still exchange rates have more of an effect on 3+ year sequels. Not to mention Homecoming will likely finish above ASM2 and ASM1 OS despite the fallen rates. Guardians 2 did not have caught on like we have expected it too. But it's better than IM2, and had a solid jump for a sequel both domestically, overseas and worldwide.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Still exchange rates have more of an effect on 3+ year sequels. Not to mention Homecoming will likely finish above ASM2 and ASM1 OS despite the fallen rates. Guardians 2 did not have caught on like we have expected it too. But it's better than IM2, and had a solid jump for a sequel both domestically, overseas and worldwide.

I am sure everyone at Marvel is crying because Guardians alone did 15M less DOM than almost all of their other heroes combined into one movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why America? Why you did this to me? We received The Godfather of our generation, one of the greatest trilogies of all time, and you guys choose to ignore it, karma is a bitch, you guys will never receive any quality franchise anymore. 

H4Qn8wI.gif

Overdramatic much

• Like 1

As WW keeps impressing and Surprising everyone...JL seems like a bigger hit as well.The world has fell head over heels with the character and it should pull more family audiences and females than your typical Comic Book Movie.I mean i imagine  women,and little girls in particular,craving for WW's next adventure.

That being said,lack of Steve Trevor should not help repeat viewings,which is something female audoences tend to do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Wimbledon turning out like the fight for #1 weekend spot between Apes and Homecoming. Few thought an upset was incoming, but one sided in the end.

ON a side note: I never thought he would win another one let alone two after a few years drought - thought he was done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Top 10 domestic predictions:

1.) Jedi: $800M

2.) Beast: $504M

3.) Wonder Woman: $410M

4.) Justice League: $405M

5.) Guardians Volume 2: $390M

6.) Spider-Man Homecoming: $305M

7.) Thor: Rangarok $280M

8.) Despicable M3 $250M

9.) Jumanji $230M

10.) Logan $226M

When The Dceu  most likely will have two films in the Top 5

1sl9kc.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Looks like WAR is showing big drops from DAWN

14.8 vs 9.5 in UK

9.8 vs 5 in Russia

4.6 vs 3.4 in Spain

DAWN did 500+ OS. Wonder if WAR is looking at 350-375. Add to that 150-155 dom, you get 500-530 WW.

When looking at global figures compared to DAWN, keep in mind the dollar was at very different place in 2014 (Dawn) than 2017 in European exchange rates.  The British pound and Russian ruble both declined substantially (Brexit, oil prices).  Dollar is up 25% against euro since 2014.

So the decline is probably not as dramatic if you take out currency effects.