WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, baumer said:

Why would you use WW when comparing it to Thor?

I was only trying to make a comparison about how these films can be unpredictable.

We wasn't saying. 350 for Thor as it stand right now but we were saying that maybe August would've been a better release date for the film

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

CW added every Avenger not named Thor and Hulk. It also added Spider-man and Black Panther. Come on, man. Is that really comparable? I'll give that I expect Ragnarok to gross somewhere between $245M DOM and $285M DOM because of the addition of Hulk and marketing that seemed to infuse some fun into what was previously marketed as kind of drab. But, this is not CW.

Well Thor did have much more trailer views than CW.

As I told the other guy we were saying maybe in August Thor could've seen it's true potential instead of losing screens earlier than it should 

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Many said the Same about Wonder Woman and look at wher she stands as of now:redcapes:

True...but WW was a premier movie (not a 3rd one), released in a wasteland of badly received and reviewed worn-out franchises and in an environment where there were no movies appealing to 2 of its main quadrant audiences...and it was a very good movie...

Thor 3 will only have, at most, one of those things going for it...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yes. Another bizarro comparison given this is the third Thor solo movie. Not to mention, he's played a larger role - more than Wonder Woman in BvS - in both Avengers and Ultron.

Comic book films are unpredictable,

That's the only point I was trying to make

I think THOR3 will surprise... and I think it will be above $300M+, it will take a hit against JL, but will pick up on the holidays and will leg it out.

I think both THOR3 and JL will do very well. That's just mho.

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I agree (and throw in Murder on the Orient Express and Bad Moms 2) - the latest supers opener probably keeps Christmas (JL), but that's gonna be based on results.  Star vs Coco may end up as a split, or one will be fully gone, depending on performance.  DH2 will be gone.  BM2 and MOE will get a split if they perform well, but both likely gone if not. Thor, I can't imagine staying without a WW run...

I posted my screens expectation for the week of Christmas for 12s and Thor was not on my list...

If we get 9 if Toro thing goes wide we may get something like this for the typical 12 screen cinema:

Jedi - 3 screens/10-12 showings

Jumanji - 2 screens/10-12 showings

Ferdinand - 1 screen (split with Showman)/ 7-9 showings

Pitch 3 - 2 screens/ 7-10 showings

Shape of Water - 1 screen/5-8 showings

Showman - 1 screen (split with Ferdinand)/5-7 showings

Bastards - 1 screen (split with Downsizing)/5-7 showings

Downsizing - 1 screen (split with Bastards)/5-7 showings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

True...but WW was a premier movie (not a 3rd one), released in a wasteland of badly received and reviewed worn-out franchises and in an environment where there were no movies appealing to 2 of its main quadrant audiences...and it was a very good movie...

Thor 3 will only have, at most, one of those things going for it...

Okay I see many are not reading the full conversation here.

Me and @YourMother was only saying that with a better release date Thor 3 would do better than it's  destined  to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

No people didn't.

People who know comics and comic movies (and quadrant appeal) did:)...

Thor is not a huge crossover quadrant character - Loki probably draws more women that Thor...I know he's my sole reason for watching the 2nd movie...and it's sole redeeming factor:)...

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes they did. Not everyone but there were plenty of people who always considered it a possibility

The people who considered WW over BVS had a ratio of 1/100.

You can't count those s who upped thier predictions after the embrago lifted.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

Okay I see many are not reading the full conversation here.

Me and @YourMother was only saying that with a better release date Thor 3 would do better than it's  destined  to do.

I don't think this August was any better...it would be the 4th comic film in a row and would likely be unfavorably compared to all 3 - time will actually help it.

And kicking it to 2018 is worse with all the movies already set.

It will have a very good 1st 2 weeks...and then it will fall of a cliff if JL is any good (and even if not, it will fall off that weekend:)...nothing wrong with that...it's gonna make a nice total, just not an OMG one...

• Like 1

People who know comics and comic movies (and quadrant appeal) did:)...

Thor is not a huge crossover quadrant character - Loki probably draws more women that Thor...I know he's my sole reason for watching the 2nd movie...and it's sole redeeming factor:)...

I'm not gonna make this into a 500 page argument but sure there was a few like me who said the film will do 300 domestics but for the most part many didn't even see WW over 70mil o.w

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't think this August was any better...it would be the 4th comic film in a row and would likely be unfavorably compared to all 3 - time will actually help it.

And kicking it to 2018 is worse with all the movies already set.

It will have a very good 1st 2 weeks...and then it will fall of a cliff if JL is any good (and even if not, it will fall off that weekend:)...nothing wrong with that...it's gonna make a nice total, just not an OMG one...

These films are saving Hollywood so I don't think summer fatigue would've hurt it.

Isn't that about the ratio of women to men on this board:)?  Just kidding, a little:)...

I have no clue but I was very surprised about who are women here as I didn't even think we had some who were into this.

So as men we do have to consider what we say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

The people who considered WW over BVS had a ratio of 1/100.

You can't count those s who upped thier predictions after the embrago lifted.

I know me and Chewy were always in the over BvS train

• Like 2