WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

22 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still those were a month to a one month and a week away.

All I'm saying is the interest in these films are so high it might Benefit al of them especially if they can mimic 2017 comic book movies Reception by Critics.

Hopefully at the end of the Year The comic book movie genre will be undefeated by Critics making the genre even stronger.

Two more films to go and we are that close to having a perfect comic book genre. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

WW number confirmed by Gitesh, posted on page 148 I believe.

That's not really an actual number....just a generic milestone description I think

Plus, only Scott Mendelson from forbes is qualified to report/verify/reveal WW's number......the other are all false alarm!!!:redcapes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnick said:

This thread just like last week is turning into a mayham as usual because of the DC/MCU unfinished war, @baumer  @Telemachos, please lock the thread till the actual numbers are out,

Why do you feel to do that as nobody here is having any fanboy arguments.

Its actually a mutual conversation and nobody is bashing one another.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finnick said:

This thread just like last week is turning into a mayham as usual because of the DC/MCU unfinished war, @baumer  @Telemachos, please lock the thread till the actual numbers are out,

There's a numbers only thread now if it bugs you...no one here is fighting any wars - we're just discussing Thor 3...

• Like 4

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

There's a numbers only thread now if it bugs you...no one here is fighting any wars - we're just discussing Thor 3...

Yeah I agree. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

But isn't the new Spiderman somewhat ineffective? 

I know that Marvel went for the "rookie" angle in this one, but for most of the film, the new Spidey comes out as quite ineffective and incompetent. 

Vulture (in reality, Keaton's acting) is awesome though. 

He is 15 years old and has only recently got his powers. He is struggling to learn what his powers are or what the suit can do plus dealing with keeping it secret plus everything a teenager of his age goes through. What did you expect from a 15 year old guy? 

And for an ineffective guy he pretty much not only singlehandedly exposed vulture and his business but also defeated him.

Thats pretty effective for a 15 years old new SH. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnick said:

I really don't see any issue so far, not sure what you see that's not appropriate thus far. We were all discussing what we think THOR3 would do .... Funny thing is several of the DC folks are actually rooting for it to succeed.

• Like 2

Just now, Subzero said:

I really don't see any issue so far, not sure what you see that's not appropriate thus far. We were all discussing what we think THOR3 would do .... Funny thing is several of the DC folks are actually rooting for it to succeed.

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Things gets civil and it's still wrong ,WTH?

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with WW making more money domestic than previous DCEU entries.  It's a wonderful film,  it's less divisive,  it hits more demographics than previous entries,  and did I mention that it's less divisive.   

WB is dancing in the streets right now.  Whatever "cloud" the extended universe had hovering above it,  which I never believed anyway,  has been lifted.   WW was also written before BvS even came out.  Another positive sign that they know exactly what they're doing and where they want to go.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Whatever "cloud" the extended universe had hovering above it,  which I never believed anyway,  has been lifted.

Let's see if JL's any good before saying that.

Edited by Hatebox

Wonder Woman had a director who cared about characters and character interaction, JL has Zack Snyder who doesn't so it sucking won't prove anything one way or the other. Aquaman sucking (which I don't think it will) would prove something bad though.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm predicting 160/380 for Ragnarok. Fite me.

I am expecting Ragnarok to genuinely break out as well. The trailer looks terrific, the cast is perfect (especially, Cate Blanchett) and it will lead us directly to Infinity War. 

I am 100% with you on this one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wonder Woman had a director who cared about characters and character interaction, JL has Zack Snyder who doesn't so it sucking won't prove anything one way or the other.

Well, it would prove that WB's working relationship with him is officially masochistic after three duff films in a row. But I suspect whatever creative freedom he previously had has been limited big time with JL.

16 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Why do you feel to do that as nobody here is having any fanboy arguments.

Its actually a mutual conversation and nobody is bashing one another.

11 minutes ago, Subzero said:

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, I am sorry. The post was editet now and the text deleted. I didnt mean anything wrong, it is just the discussion of all the future numbers for movies we dont even know how they look like is giving me headeach. Hope, I didnt offend any of you. I am sorry again, my bad.

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah Thor Ragnarok is going to make 380mil like Spider-Man was going to make 60mil this past weekend. Aren't people tired of over predicting MCU movies?

I stayed conservative on GOTG and SMH and am in no way an MCU fanboy. If anything, I'm getting tired of superhero movies. You all know how I was meh on WW, and even though I liked SMH, it's a very light enjoyment on that one. Giving it an 8/10 might have been too generous. With Ragnarok, I really feel like something unique is coming and audiences will notice.