WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I stayed conservative on GOTG and SMH and am in no way an MCU fanboy. If anything, I'm getting tired of superhero movies. You all know how I was meh on WW, and even though I liked SMH, it's a very light enjoyment on that one. Giving it an 8/10 might have been too generous. With Ragnarok, I really feel like something unique is coming and audiences will notice.

We know you are a #casual WOH, no need to try and hide it from us :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnick said:

Well, I am sorry The post is editet now and the text delated. I didnt mean anything wrong, it is just the discussion of all the future numbers for movies we dont even know how they look like is giving me headeach. Hope, I didnt offend any of you. I am sorry again, my bad.

Well there was nothing else to talk about as the actuals  wasn't in.

Not offended at all I just didn't want hammers laid on us when we were being civil.

Im pretty sure The bans will go in effect before the mods even look at the full conversation.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

Is there some sort of super secret Thor Ragnarok trailer which actually makes the film look good? The only trailer I have seen makes the film look like complete garbage and has me longing for the final 30 minutes of Attack of the Clones.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Well, it would prove that WB's working relationship with him is officially masochistic after three duff films in a row. But I suspect whatever creative freedom he previously had has been limited big time with JL.

Eh, JL was already in deep preproduction, that's the only reason he was allowed to direct it. I think everyone except hardcore Snyder fans suspect that WB isn't letting him make another (slightly lighter) version of BvS.

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Is there some sort of super secret Thor Ragnarok trailer which actually makes the film look good? The only trailer I have seen makes the film look like complete garbage and has me longing for the final 30 minutes of Attack of the Clones.

:wintf:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

:mellow:

Looks like Thor is shaping up to be one of the most overpredicted films this fall. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't for the life of me understand how a Thor/Hulk team up movie would be bigger than the Spidey/Iron Man movie we just had. Not to mention it's guaranteed to drop about 60% in its 3rd weekend. 100/250 would be great but I'm expecting #'s closer to Fate of the Furious. I don't see how it makes 300+.

• Like 5

47 Meters had a nice run. Will add 2-3 m more so will do 3.9x multi.

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
2017/06/16 5 $11,205,562   2,270 $4,936   $11,205,562    3
2017/06/23 4 $7,088,262 -37% 2,471 $2,869   $23,914,194 10
2017/06/30 7 $4,517,143 -36% 2,250 $2,008   $32,426,597 17
2017/07/07 9 $2,714,173 -40% 1,741 $1,559   $38,408,818 24
2017/07/14 11 $1,139,580 -58% 1,032 $1,104   $41,136,687 31
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I'm with you on this one. The trailer makes the movie look like the 1st half of GotG2 which was pretty bad. But instead of the 2nd half and Yondu salvaging the movie, we're going to have a Hulk instead....

You guys are hysterical. Get out of your bubble. Spider-man is doing fine. 

I'll say this, though...it feels like word of mouth doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. Everybody seems to love Baby Driver, yet it can't leg its way to 100mil. Everybody seems to love Big Sick, yet it can't get above 10mil for its big expansion. Everybody seems to love Spider-man, yet it still drops over 60%

Wonder Woman is the exception, it captured the zeitgeist, which is a more intangible thing.  

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I wouldn't say complete garbage and it definitelly doesn't make me long for Attack of the Clones but yeah, nothing to write home about.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Up till this point, hardly anyone can touch/lift thor's hammer let alone destroy it into pieces ... that scene of Hela alone is worth the price of admission.

I find the trailer pretty good and very interested to see this movie imho ....

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, nomyth said:

Looks like Thor is shaping up to be one of the most overpredicted films this fall. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't for the life of me understand how a Thor/Hulk team up movie would be bigger than the Spidey/Iron Man movie we just had. Not to mention it's guaranteed to drop about 60% in its 3rd weekend. 100/250 would be great but I'm expecting #'s closer to Fate of the Furious. I don't see how it makes 300+.

Yeah, Thor 3 could very well eat back-to-back 60%+ drops.

• Like 1

Thor Ragnarok numbers are unpredictable.

The first Thor was certified fresh on RT, but didn't get 200 million domestic.

The Dark World was fresh, but not certified, and it was rotten according to top critics. It got to finish with 206 million domestic. Then again, this movie had the boost for coming after Avengers.

Fact is, Thor movies have been the weakest movies in the whole MCU. If Ragnarok can change that pattern, nobody knows. Don't expect it to perform like a Thor movie alone. It'll probably perform like a regular MCU movie. These movies all play the same way. 

Perhaps Hulk is gonna give a boost just like Iron Man probably gave Homecoming a boost. So, maybe, just maybe the movie could perform like the new Spidey. So, don't be surprised if fans flock to watch it for its opening weekend and then it drops 60% for its second weekend. I wouldn't rule out a possible 300 million domestic figure.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Up till this point, hardly anyone can touch/lift thor's hammer let alone destroy it into pieces ... that scene of Hela alone is worth the price of admission.

Really?

Maybe if you live and breathe comic books...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Thor Ragnarok numbers are unpredictable.

The first Thor was certified fresh on RT, but didn't get 200 million worldwide.

The Dark World was fresh, but not certified, and it was rotten according to top critics. It got to finish with 206 million worldwide. Then again, this movie had the boost for coming after Avengers.

Fact is, Thor movies have been the weakest movies in the whole MCU. If Ragnarok can change that pattern, nobody knows. Don't expect it to perform like a Thor movie alone. It'll probably perform like a regular MCU movie. These movies all play the same way. 

Perhaps Hulk is gonna give a boost just like Iron Man probably gave Homecoming a boost. So, maybe, just maybe the movie could perform like the new Spidey. So, don't be surprised if fans flock to watch it for its opening weekend and then it drops 60% for its second weekend. I wouldn't rule out a possibly 300 million domestic figure.

Veterans Day is the Saturday, November 11th which may help soften the drop.

• Like 2