WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Amazing Spider-man had to compete with TDKR in its third weekend and it got crushed, -70%

TDKR itself had to compete with.....James Holmes.

R.I.P for Aurora's victim.....about 5 years from the incident

Image result for the dark knight rises shooter

Edited by titanic2187

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Amazing Spider-man had to compete with TDKR in its third weekend and it got crushed, -70%

Well, remember, there was more to than just TDKR. That tragedy in Colorado impacted box office very negatively that weekend/week. Also, let's be real here, Justice League share nowhere near the hype of Dark Knight Rises, the followup to the one of the most, acclaimed CBM movies every made.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Thor 3 might have done SS numbers to $350M domestically in August and have a relatively leggy run too. But it's too early to judge now. For all we know Disney might fire all canisters and Thor opens like IM2 ($125M+ OW but that's the maximum). Still Thor is at least guaranteed for DS numbers, if Black Panther stayed in November it would have done TIH numbers.

Holy shit. I think Ragnarok will do very well. And, I'm generally pretty bullish on most MCU stuff. But, what the? Why? The last one did $206M DOM. $325M+ to $350M DOM? I guess I just don't buy that at all. Well, at least until proven otherwise.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Dark World had to face Catching Fire, $167M+ OW DOM adjusted for inflation. And, again, if it wasn't a dud - generally considered one of the least liked MCU films by casual moviegoers - it would've easily grossed $225M+ DOM.

JL,Thor ,HG:CF .... What does two of these three films have in common?

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Thor Ragnarok will definitely take a sharp hit with JL no matter what

it will also lose screens fast

it will be the lowest grossing superhero film of the year easily

No way Thor does under Lego Batman.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Thor 3 might have done SS numbers to $350M domestically in August and have a relatively leggy run too. But it's too early to judge now. For all we know Disney might fire all canisters and Thor opens like IM2 ($125M+ OW but that's the maximum). Still Thor is at least guaranteed for DS numbers, if Black Panther stayed in November it would have done TIH numbers.

I'm sorry but maybe it's the 117 SM:Hc opened to that has me concerned about Thor.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Thor Ragnarok will definitely take a sharp hit with JL no matter what

it will also lose screens fast

Easily? You think it will come in well under Logan's $226M DOM? I'd say it will place ahead of Logan but behind everything else. But, man, everything else is Wonder Woman $405M+, Guardians Vol. 2 $390M+, Spider-man Homecoming $310M+ and whatever Justice League - likely $350M+. I think it would've came in behind them all regardless of release date.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I loved Logan but if Thor 3 can't outgross it after the reaction to that trailer then something more than tough competition has gone wrong.

Edited by Hatebox

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, grey ghost said:

The top 3 movies overseas for 2017 are Fate of the Furious, Beauty and the Beast and POTC5.

The top 3 movies DOM are Beauty and the Beast, Wonder Woman and Guardians vol 2.

Tomato Law says American audiences have superior taste.

Tomato Law is also based nearly exclusively on American critics... try finding all the Chinese reviews on RT. For all you know the Chinese reviews for Pirates of the Caribbea are better than the reviews for Wonder Woman.

It's all a matter of perspective. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

I'm sorry but maybe it's the 117 SM:Hc opened to that has me concerned about Thor.

Spider-Man in hindsight we should have expected some frontloadedness. Thor I think can still pull of some big numbers on OW.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Holy shit. I think Ragnarok will do very well. And, I'm generally pretty bullish on most MCU stuff. But, what the? Why? The last one did $206M DOM. $325M+ to $350M DOM? I guess I just don't buy that at all. Well, at least until proven otherwise.

GOTG and SS did that thanks to a weak Summer. I think Thor might have gone the distance in August but that's just me.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Thor uno is pretty lame. Can't help but think Kenneth could've done something more interesting with it.

The first Thor desperately wanted/needed to be a fish out of water comedy, but Marvel clearly stepped in at some point and said 'sorry Kenneth, we gotta get on with the plot.'

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

JL,Thor ,HG:CF .... What does two of these three films have in common?

Catching Fire was huge. Tons of people saw it. It was a phenomenon. It's possible that Justice League will not match it's number unadjusted DOM, let alone adjusted. Catching Fire is an action sci-fi blockbuster that was greeted with overwhelming critical acclaim. It's wasn't Beauty and the Beast. There was definitely overlap in the audience for Dark World and Catching Fire.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

350 dom is totally possible with a more favorable release date.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Easily? You think it will come in well under Logan's $226M DOM? I'd say it will place ahead of Logan but behind everything else. But, man, everything else is Wonder Woman $405M+, Guardians Vol. 2 $390M+, Spider-man Homecoming $310M+ and whatever Justice League - likely $350M+. I think it would've came in behind them all regardless of release date.

Thor has never had mass appeal imo. Hes boring in stand alone.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Thor never had a shot a 350mil no time of year.

IK it would have been one of my crazy predictions if that happened.

Edited by YourMother