baumer

Asgard blesses us early. SMH 7.4, Apes 7.1, WW 1.2M Tues

19 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So how often does the sixth movie in a franchise make 300 m?

Reveal hidden contents

It's not easy at all assuming you get five sequels.

Got to see Apes finally 

Boring>Apes.

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I don't see how SM:HC will hold better than last weekend with all of these films tracking over 20mil.

However it wouldn't be the first time we've had 5 $20M movies in the top 5, it happened exactly last year with STB, Pets, LO, IA5, and GB.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone is saying Spider-Man is not a success. I just think everyone is saying that the word of mouth on it is not as great as what was initially forecasted. Making 280 - 300 million is good. Making 800 million worldwide is great. Having a 2.4 multiplier is not good. It can be both things you know.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

This upcoming weekend last year was the last weekend we had 4 or 5 movies over $20m

Was any of them A superhero film that had a previous weekend drop of 62.2%?

im thinking it's gonna be hard for the film to reach the 20mil however I would be glad if it does.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

can't see why SMH would drop less than Minions did on its third weekend

Yeah. Homecoming is looking at 53%-55% drop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

im thinking it's gonna be hard for the film to reach the 20mil however I would be glad if it does.

:redcapes:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, XO21 said:

:redcapes:

Im a comic fan so yes I want all of them to be successful but there's no reason not to call a spade a spade when it comes down to SM:HC drops.

Excuse me in im not used to a MCu film having +60% second weekend drops not to mention that's a the worst second weekend drop of any Spidermam film.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

SMH +/- 55% should be a good target based on screen losses (or $20M)...under 50% drop, and I'd return to some real optimism for legs...over 60% drop and I'll probably start to join the pessimist's bandwagon:)...

I still think it takes Apes for the weekend, but that's really gonna depend on showing losses vs Apes...

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

If Wednesday falls about 30% from Tuesday we get $5.2M and using a 15% drop, we get $4.4M. If we use a light 40% increase, Homecoming scores a $6.16M Friday, then we use the typical 30% increase for Saturday, we get $8M, and with a normal 25% drop, we get $6M. So about $20.16M. If we used the exact same drops from last weekend, Homecoming gets $21M

• Like 1